As soon as football playoff season rolls around, I usually have one thing on my mind – tailgating party foods. Give me all the warm, cheesy appetizers and I am one happy lady.
I had the most amazing white sauce mushroom pizza a few months back, and I used it as inspiration for this dip.
It’s warm, gooey, and totally addicting. Whether you’re watching the big game or hosting a party with friends, it’s definitely a crowd-pleaser.
We’ve served it with sliced baguettes, fresh pita bread, veggies, tortilla chips, and crackers – really, it all tastes good and quite honestly, I could eat it with a spoon, plain.
It’s just a few simple ingredients, but the taste is AMAZING.
Here’s what you need to make this dip:
- Sliced mushrooms (we prefer to use fresh mushrooms)
- Cream cheese (you could also substitute this for low-fat cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese)
- Alfredo sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
My husband loved it so much that as soon as he ate it, he asked if I would make it again – and then he told me it was definitely going on our Super Bowl Menu this year!
How to make cheesy mushroom dip
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2: In a skillet over medium heat, saute mushrooms and butter until they are soft.
Step 4: Top with cooked mushrooms and extra parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.
Step 5: Serve hot with pita bread, crackers, or tortilla chips.
Delicious Add-ins or substitutions
This recipe is pretty darn tasty as-is (if I do say so myself!), but we know a lot of our readers love to put their own spin on things. Here are our favorite additions to this dip:
- Add chopped bacon, because bacon makes everything tastier!
- Sour cream or mayo instead of Alfredo sauce.
- Add in garlic and onions to saute with your mushrooms.
- Use different types of cheeses. I’d say this would be really tasty with some Gruyere or Monterrey Jack cheese.
- Use a different type of mushrooms. Don’t love portobello? Try white button mushrooms for a much milder flavor.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Looking for more party foods? Try these:
- Hot Bacon & Swiss Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs
- Vegetable Dill Dip
- Loaded Baked Potato Skins
- Queso Blanco Dip (White Cheese Dip)
Cheesy Mushroom Dip Recipe
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms ( I used baby Portobello)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese 1 block
- 1 cup alfredo sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese (plus extra for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute mushrooms and butter until they are soft.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, Alfredo sauce, and cheeses. Pour into an 8x8" baking pan.
- Top with cooked mushrooms and extra parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with pita bread, crackers, or tortilla chips.
- Medium Bowl
- 8x8-inch baking pan