It is SO HOT right now, I’m avoiding my oven at all costs. Dinners are either on the grill or in the slow cooker and all desserts require no baking.
I was craving peanut butter and chocolate (as I usually do) and decided to turn some of my favorite flavors into a frozen treat.
It turned out perfect and for just a moment, I forgot that it was 89 degrees INSIDE my house. It was so tasty and so easy to just throw together.
If you are looking for a quick and simple summer dessert, we highly recommend trying our Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Pie. You will not regret it.
what other flavor would work besides Peanut butter cup?
My family has been a chocolate and peanut butter lover, ever since I can remember. We all love the combo of the sweet and salty, so this dessert has our name written all over it.
However, my husband is not a peanut butter love (I know, I can’t really believe it myself) so when I make this, I will do a Snickers ice cream, or vanilla ice cream with chopped up snickers.
He also loves Burnt Almond Fudge ice cream, so I will do that chocolate ice cream base, and top it off with chocolate chips and Oreo cookies.
Another favorite combination is mint and Oreo. We do mint chocolate chip ice cream, and top it off with Oreos, mini chocolate chips, and a drizzle of hot fudge. So yummy, and oh so simple. You will love it.
how long will this last in the freezer.
I usually make this the same day I serve it, or within 24 hours.
We highly recommend eating it within 2-3 days of making it. It will last in the freezer nicely for about 5 days, covered tightly with a lid, or a few layers of foil and saran wrap, but for the best flavor and texture, we recommend eating it within 2-3 days of making it.
watch how to make another delicious, frozen dessert, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
I am a huge hot chocolate fan, but in the summer, it’s a little more difficult to drink. However, it just got delicious with this Frozen Hot Chocolate recipe. It’s quick, simple, full of chocolatey flavor, and only requires a few ingredients. Watch how to make it, here:
looking for more frozen desserts? here are a few of our favorite:
- Frozen Chocolate and Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- Frozen Creamy Lime Jello
- Skinny Frozen Strawberry Bites
- Frozen Lemon Fluff Dessert
- Frozen Raspberry Pie
- Asphalt Sheet Cake Pie
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- ½ gallon container peanut butter cup ice cream (vanilla would work great too!), softened
- 1 (12 ounce) bag miniature Reese's peanut butter cups unwrapped and chopped into small pieces
- ⅓ cup milk chocolate chip
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- Spread softened ice cream in pie crust until it is level and even (I found that I didn't quite use the full half gallon, but you can if you want). Sprinkle chopped Reese's on top of the ice cream, until they completely cover the ice cream and are evenly spread out.
- Place your chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted (I usually do 30 second intervals- stirring in between each interval- until the chocolate is melted and smooth). Do the same with the peanut butter and melt until creamy and smooth.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate and melted peanut butter on top of the Reese's candy.
- Place in the freezer for at least 3-4 hours before serving. When ready to serve, remove pie from freezer and let thaw for 5-10 minutes- it will make cutting much easier.
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!