What could I use instead of raspberry?
This recipe has some fun and unique ingredients in it, for cupcakes. It is still extremely simple, but it does have a few ingredients you wouldn’t really think about putting in cupcakes.
One of those ingredients is a powdered lemonade mix. We used raspberry because our cupcakes are raspberry lemonade, but you could easily switch it out.
Here are a few others we recommend:
- pink lemonade
- strawberry lemonade
- cherry lemonade
Could I make this in a pan, instead of into cupcakes?
You could easily make this into a pan of cake, rather than individual cupcakes.
You will need to increase the cooking time by about 8-10 minutes if you choose to do this. But for the most part, the recipe should transfer over just fine.
Looking for another raspberry dessert? Watch how to make one, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
Watch how to make another raspberry inspired dessert recipe, here:
Looking for more raspberry desserts? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Raspberry Fluff Jello Salad
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Jello Salad
- Frozen Raspberry Pie
- Raspberry Chocolate Mousse Brownie Cups
- Frozen Raspberry Lemonade Pie
Raspberry Lemonade Cupcakes Recipe
- 16.25 ounces white cake mix
- 3.4 ounces instant pudding mix vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons Raspberry Lemonade Drink Mix powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lemon zested
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 4 egg whites
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 1 ½ cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 lemon zested
- ½ cup frozen raspberry lemonade concentrate thawed
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 pounds powdered sugar
- 4-6 drops red food coloring
- In a large bowl, whisk cake mix, pudding mix, and drink mix together. Add sour cream, lemon zest, water, oil, and egg whites to the dry mix.
- Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for about two minutes. Add drops of food coloring and mix in. Fold in 1 cup of the raspberries and mix gently to incorporate.
- Scoop batter into 24 lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in one comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting the cupcakes.
- Prepare the frosting by creaming butter, shortening, and lemon zest together. Then add lemonade concentrate, milk and vanilla with a mixer. Beat until smooth. Gradually add the sugar, mixing well until light and fluffy. Beat in the food coloring.
- Pipe frosting onto the cupcakes. Top with a fresh raspberry on each cupcake.
- Cupcake Baking Tin
- Mixing Bowl
- Hand mixer
Check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!