My husband loves our Chocolate Caramel Toffee Crunch Cake so much that I make it for every special occasion.
For Father’s Day, I thought I would switch it up a little bit. I combined his love for poke cake with banana cream and this tasty treat was born.
The cake was so moist, gooey and delicious that it didn’t last long around our house.
Needless to say, this cake is our new go to and favorite cake for any occasion and birthday. If you are in need of a quick cake idea, this is your answer.
It came together in minutes, is practically fail proof, and is so tasty.
what is the best way to store this recipe?
I love this recipe, and my family does as well, that we usually don’t have much leftover. However, if you do have some leftover, the best way to store it, is putting it in the fridge.
We recommend placing it in an air tight storage container, and putting it in the fridge.
If you aren’t going to eat it for more than a week, we recommend freezing it. Again the best way to freeze it is placing it in an airtight storage container and putting it in the freezer.
It will last nicely in the freezer for about 2 weeks, and in the fridge, about 3-5 days.
To thaw it, we recommend placing it in the fridge overnight and serving it the next day. We don’t recommend microwaving it, because the top layer will melt and get ruined in the microwave.
why is it called a poke cake?
There are so many delicious poke cake recipes out there, but if you have never had one, you may be confused as to what it is.
A poke cake is a cake that has many holes poked into it. This is usually done with a fork, or the end of a wooden spoon.
A sweet sauce or liquid, such as caramel or sweetened condensed milk, is then poured into the holes. This makes the cake very dense and moist. The holes are then covered with a light topping, usually whipped cream.
It is a very delicious type of cake (in fact my favorite) and incredibly easy to make.
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Caramel Banana Nut Poke Cake Recipe
- 16.5 ounces yellow cake mix 1 box, prepared according to directions
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk 1 can
- 12 ounces caramel sauce 1 jar
- 3.4 ounces instant banana pudding mix 1 box
- 1½ cups milk
- 8 ounces cool whip 1 container
- Nut Topping
- Make yellow cake according to the box directions for a 9x13 cake. Let cool. Using a fork, poke holes all over the top of the cake. Pour sweetened condensed milk and caramel sauce over the top of the cake, letting them soak into the cake.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together banana pudding mix and milk for two minutes, until it begins to thicken. Fold in Cool Whip until completely combined. Spread Cool Whip/pudding mixture over the top of the cake.
- Sprinkle on nut topping and drizzle with any leftover caramel. Store in the refrigerator until time to serve.
- To store, we recommend placing it in an air tight storage container, and putting it in the fridge.
- If you aren’t going to eat it for more than a week, we recommend freezing it. Again the best way to freeze it is placing it in an airtight storage container and putting it in the freezer.
- Medium Mixing Bowl (2)
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
Never Miss Another Six Sisters’ Recipe Again: