I strongly believe there is no better flavor in the world, than orange creamsicle. We love the sweet combination of vanilla and orange. It’s a match made in Heaven.
I even like orange creamsicle ice cream bars, and I am not one for biting ice cream.
Orange cream is just my thing. It is also my very big weakness. Any diet I am on goes out the window if orange cream gets put in front of me. I think after you have one creamy bite of this fudge, you’ll be hooked too.
the story behind Orange Creamsicle fudge
Orange creamsicle is the taste of my childhood. Even to this day, when I taste something that is orange creamsicle flavored, it’s like I have a flashback to my childhood.
While growing up, we loved playing outside in the summer with our friends and neighbors. Then out of nowhere you would hear the sound of the ice cream man making his rounds through the neighborhood.
Nowadays, I find the ice cream truck to be terrifying, but back when life was more simple and less scary, the ice cream truck music, was the best sound.
I remember looking for it, and checking up and down my street to see if it was coming.
Every time it came, I would always order the same thing, the orange creamsicle bars. I don’t know what it is about the taste of the fake orange, and the creamy vanilla, but it tastes so good.
We loved buying those orange creamsicle ice cream bars.
To this day, I still dream about them. I have yet to find orange creamsicle bars that taste as good, so I decided I’d make my second favorite food, next to ice cream: fudge.
You will love this smooth and creamy Orange Creamsicle fudge.
And while you indulge on this fudge, a lot of childhood memories will come flooding back of those long carefree summer days enjoying that ice cream bar.
tips on how to make orange creamsicle fudge
- The recipe calls for heavy cream. This recipe will not work with milk, or other substitutes. For best results we recommend using heavy cream.
- Be sure to grease your 9 x 13 inch pan. If you don’t the fudge may stick to the pan, and the presentation won’t look as good. You could also use parchment or wax paper, and place it in the bottom of the pan.
- This fudge doesn’t set up as well, if it is not refrigerated. It works best when there is cold applied and surrounding it. It will definitely harden quicker.
Related recipe: Looking for more fudge recipes? Try our Double Decker Peanut Butter Fudge.
how to make Orange creamsicle fudge:
These simple ingredients make this creamy and delicious orange creamsicle fudge.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat combine the sugar, butter, and heavy cream.
- Heat to the softball stage which is about 235 degrees, stirring constantly. Stir for a few minutes while boiling.
- Remove from heat and stir in the marshmallow cream and white chips. Stir until all is well blended.
- Reserve one cup of the mixture and put in a bowl and set aside. Add orange extract and food coloring to the mixture in the pan. Stir together well.
- Pour the orange mixture into a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- The pour or lightly drizzle the reserved white mixture that you had sitting in a bowl over the orange layer. Using a knife, swirl the white layer back and forth into the fudge.
- Refrigerate until set for about 2 hours. Then cut into squares and serve. This can also be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for a few weeks.
watch us make all of our recipes:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family is going to love it.
looking for more fudge recipes?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!