I love making fun Halloween party foods for my kids. This Mummy Pizza Braid is easy to make so you can throw it together before you head out trick-or-treating!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
How to make a mummy pizza Braid:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. While the oven is heating up, roll out some store-bought pizza dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
It can be a little hard to use a rolling pin once the dough is on the baking sheet, so just use your hands to spread it out on the baking sheet.
Add marinara down the center of the pizza dough, being sure to leave a few inches of dough on each side.
Top the sauce with shredded mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. You can also add other pizza toppings if you want!
Use a pizza cutter to cut in about 3 inches from the outside of the pizza crust. You want the strips to be about 1/2 inch wide.
After cutting the edges of the Mummy Pizza into strips, alternate folding them over the center of the pizza.
As you can see in the picture, I didn’t alternate the strips perfectly. I like the look of them being a little unorganized and messy, just like the wraps of a mummy would be.
When you reach the top of the Mummy Pizza Braid, be sure to leave an opening for the eyes. I placed 2 olive slices on the top where I wanted the eyes to be.
Brush melted butter on the top of the Mummy Pizza Braid.
Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top and place in the oven.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Cut into slices and serve.
The best Halloween party foods:
- Jello Worms in Oreo Dirty
- Mummy Donut Holes
- White Chocolate Monster Munch
- Halloween Mummy Dogs
- Pumpkin Cheese Ball
- Melted Witch Cupcakes
- Spider Web Sugar Cookies
Mummy Pizza Braid Recipe
- 13.8 ounces refrigerated pizza dough 1 package
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 6 ounces sliced pepperoni for topping
- 2.25 ounces sliced olives for topping
- 1 Tablespoon butter melted
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Spread pizza crust out on baking sheet and use hands to make a large rectangle.
- Spread marinara down the center of the pizza crust, leaving a few inches of crust on each side.
- Sprinkle cheese, pepperoni and any other desired pizza toppings over the sauce. You can add the olives here, just save 2 olive slices for the eyes.
- Use a pizza cutter, and cut strips down the sides of the pizza. Cut strips 3 inches long and 1/2 inch wide.
- Alternate folding strips over the center of the pizza braid.
- Save a space at the top for the mummy's eyes.
- Place two olive slices on for eyes.
- Brush melted butter on top of pizza braid.
- Sprinkle on grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cut into slices and serve.
- We like to dip this in additional marinara
- Baking Sheet
- parchment paper
- Pizza Cutter
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?