Our whole entire family is in town this weekend so we headed to a cabin at Bear Lake. I made these Muddy Buddies for the whole family and we have already eaten the whole bowl. It is so delicious and easy to make! It makes a lot so it’s perfect for a big crowd.
Sea Salt Caramel Muddy Buddies Recipe
- 11 cups chocolate Chex Cereal
- 11.5 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 25 wrapped caramels we used Kraft caramels
- 20 Rolo Candies
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt
- Place the cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a saucepan at medium heat, melt the butter, chocolate chips and caramel squares until silky and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Pour over the Chex Cereal and mix and fold gently until all the cereal pieces are covered.
- Add the powdered sugar and continue folding and mixing until the Muddy Buddies Appear white.
- In a clean saucepan, melt the Rolos so they are soft.
- You don't want them completely melted so you can have chocolaty caramel chunks in your Muddy Buddies.
- Put the partially melted Rolos into the Muddy Buddies. Sprinkle Sea Salt throughout
- Serve when ready!
- Mixing Bowl