What can I use instead of American cheese?
If you can’t find American cheese, you can exchange it for Provolone cheese.
Can I make queso blanco in a slow cooker?
Yes! You can make this queso dip in your slow cooker by combining all the ingredients in your slow cooker and cooking it on low for 1-2 hours or until smooth and melted.
After your cheese has melted, mix the cheese dip together until smooth and then change to the warming setting on your slow cooker and serve.
How to make queso dip:
I love ordering queso as an appetizer when I go out to eat and this Queso Blanco Dip rivals that of any restaurant version I have ever tasted.
This homemade queso is so easy to make, which I love. The easier, the better!
- To make this Queso Blanco Dip, simply mix American cheese, diced green chiles, jalapeños, half and half and water in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and then mix until smooth.
- Let the cheese dip cool for a few minutes to thicken up and then serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
Items needed for this recipe:
- Glass mixing bowl: This bowl is oven, freezer and microwave safe! I use this to mix just about everything in.
- Rubber spatula: I’ve used a lot of rubber spatulas in my day and these are my absolute favorite. They are virtually indestructible!
- Serving bowl: I love serving my chips and dip in a pretty bowl like this one. I especially like that there is a place to hold all the chips so you don’t have to deal with people digging through bags of chips at your next party or gathering.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Other delicious homemade dip recipes:
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
If you love this Queso Blanco Dip, you’ll love this Warm Chili Cheese Dip!