Cheese. We all LOVE it. Tacos and cheese. Nachos and cheese. Cheese quesadillas. Give us all the cheese! Well, this Queso Blanco Dip will work with it all. It’s super simple, creamy, spicy, filled with all the cheesy goodness you can handle.
FIRST TIP: You might as well double this recipe if you go anywhere because it will be gone before you know it! Literally, everyone loves this Queso Blanco Dip recipe.
If you are like me, I like to dip and have condiments. Grill up some chicken and dip it in this white cheese dip. If you like tacos, try this slow cooker shredded beef recipe and use this queso dip as a topping.
What cheese is used for queso blanco?
The cheese used in this is white American cheese – you can also use Velveeta Queso Blanco as well! You can find it here! Or you could even substitute the American cheese with the original Velveeta in the recipe as well.
Ingredients needed TO MAKE THE QUESO BLANCO DIP?
- American cheese
- Diced green chiles
- Half and half
Related recipe: If you like this cheesy dip, you’ll love our Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
how to make queso blanco dip
Okay, let’s get started! I will be over before you even know it.
- Start by getting a 2-quart microwave-safe bowl and placing all of the ingredients into the bowl.
- Microwave all the ingredients on high for 5 minutes.
- Stop after each minute and stir the mixture and replace the bowl back to the microwave to complete microwaving the white cheese dip. Note that the mixture might seem a little runny to begin with, but as it cools down it will begin to thicken up.
- Once the Queso Blanco Dip has finished being microwaved, serve it up with your favorite tortilla chips.
Spice it up!
If you would like to make the dip even hotter, simply add more jalapeños. Or if you would like to add a little different texture, chop up some tomatoes and add it in!
IF YOU LIKE THIS DIP, WHY NOT TRY ANOTHER CHEESE DIP RECIPE?!
We have made some of our amazing recipes on our YouTube Channel so you can see exactly how everything comes together! If you are looking for another cheese dip recipe make sure you take a look at this Chili Cheese Dip recipe. It has all the good things like cream cheese, chili, salsa, onion and more, not to mention is made simply in the slow cooker.
related recipe: be sure to try our easy and delicious CHILI’S COPYCAT SKILLET QUESO.
Items needed for this recipe:
- Glass mixing bowl: This bowl is oven, freezer and microwave safe! I use this to mix just about everything in.
- Rubber spatula: I’ve used a lot of rubber spatulas in my day and these are my absolute favorite. They are virtually indestructible!
- Serving bowl: I love serving my chips and dip in a pretty bowl like this one. I especially like that there is a place to hold all the chips so you don’t have to deal with people digging through bags of chips at your next party or gathering.
Other delicious homemade dip recipes:
- Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Mediterranean Dip
- Pizza Dip
- Bean and Cheese Dip
- Roasted Red Pepper Dip
WANT TO HAVE MORE RECIPES AT YOUR FINGERTIPS??
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!