How to make muffin tin lasagnas
A lot of people are intimidated when it comes to making lasagna, so we have created the easiest homemade lasagna you will ever make.
With these Muffin Tin Lasagnas, you don’t have to worry about precooking any pasta or spreading layers of complicated ingredients in a pan.
Instead you simply layer a wonton wrapper, cheese mixture and easy meat sauce and you have perfect mini lasagnas.
The most important step when you are preparing to make Muffin Tin Lasagnas is spraying the muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
If you spray your muffin tin, you will be able to easily remove them with a spoon when they are done cooking.
You start by pressing a wonton wrapper into each muffin tin. Press each wonton down in the center and up the edges of each cup.
Next, you will spread half of a cheese mixture in the bottom of each lasagna. The cheese mixture is made up of ricotta cheese, dried basil and dried oregano. That’s it! Super simple, yet delicious.
The next layer is a tomato meat sauce. I started by browning a pound of ground turkey (you could also use lean ground beef) seasoned with salt and pepper, a diced onion and a half cup of diced fresh mushrooms.
After the turkey was completely cooked through, I mixed in a can of crushed tomatoes, a few teaspoons of minced garlic and a little dried oregano.
After the meat sauce simmers for a few minutes, I spread it on top of the cheese mixture in each cup and then sprinkled a little shredded mozzarella on top.
Repeat all the layers one more time and then bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes and dinner is ready to go!
Can this lasagna be made ahead of time?
If you are going to be short on time in the evening, you can make these Muffin Tin Lasagnas earlier in the day or up to 2 days in advance, storing them covered in the refrigerator.
If you make them too much further in advance, the wonton wrappers will become too soggy and they will not taste as good.
Can muffin tin lasagnas be frozen?
We recommend avoiding freezing these Muffin Tin Lasagnas because of how thin the wonton wrappers are. They are thin enough to tear and wouldn’t freeze then reheat well as they would become soggy and limp.
Are these muffin tin lasagnas healthy?
Substituting traditional ground beef or Italian sausage for ground turkey helps cut down on calories. Using wonton wrappers rather than lasagna noodles also keeps them lower in carbs and calories.
Each Muffin Tin Lasagna has about 180 calories and over 10 grams of protein!
Items needed for this recipe:
- Muffin Tin: This muffin tin is made of steel and and is nonstick for easy release and quick clean up.
- Mixing Bowl: I use this 4-quart, glass mixing bowl for just about everything.
- Hamburger Meat Chopper: I love using this tool to perfectly break up and brown ground meats.
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Try some of our other lasagna recipes
- Easy Homemade Lasagna
- Slow Cooker Lasagna
- Turkey Meatball Lasagna Roll Ups
- 20-Minute Skillet Lasagna
- Creamy Chicken Lasagna
These Muffin Tin Lasagnas have all the flavor of regular lasagna but without all the calories. Wonton wrappers replace traditional pasta, and a ground turkey meat sauce combines with a ricotta cheese filling to make the perfect mini lasagnas.
20 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
32 minTotal Time
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms (diced)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 24 square wonton wrappers
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add turkey, onions, mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until turkey is browned and onions are clear. Drain grease.
- Add minced garlic and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes and two teaspoons of oregano.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes; remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta, remaining oregano and basil and mix until combined; set aside.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place one wonton wrapper into each of the cups, pressing firmly in the bottom of the pan and up the sides.
- Use half of the ricotta mixture and divide it evenly among muffin cups.
- Top with half of the tomato sauce mixture divided evenly among muffin cups.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of Mozzarella cheese on top and repeat layers, starting with another wonton wrapper, cheese mixture, tomato sauce and shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese has melted and wonton wrappers are golden brown on the edge.
- Let cool for a few minutes, remove from muffin tin and serve.
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
Watch how easy it is to make our Instant Pot Lasagna!
Questions & Reviews
Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success