We love the flavor of coconut and mango – and when I couldn’t find my favorite coconut mango meatballs at the store, I thought I’d make them at home.
They’re the greatest blend of spicy and sweet – and the mango plus the coconut milk makes a perfectly moist meatball every single time. They’re quick enough to make on a weeknight and they would make a great appetizer or meal prep recipe.
How to make Mango Coconut Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a large baking sheet or two 9×13″ pans with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients (ground chicken, diced mangoes, diced jalapenos, diced cilantro, bread crumbs, coconut milk, eggs, salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin) for meatballs until thoroughly combined. Shape into balls that are about 1 1/2 inches in size. It will make about 35-40 meatballs.
- Set each meatball on the prepared baking sheet or pan. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until meat is cooked through.
How to make coconut mango sauce
I found this recipe for coconut mango sauce and thought it would pair perfectly with these meatballs. I used this canned coconut milk and it turned out great.
- While the meatballs are cooking, combine mangoes, coconut milk, heavy cream, and lime juice for the sauce in a food processor or blender.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Serve sauce with the meatballs.
How to cut a mango
A little perplexed on how to cut a mango? We cut the sides around the core, and then slice each side (not pushing the knife all the way through the skin). Use a spoon to scoop out your slices (or dices) – it really makes it so much easier to do it this way.
What to serve with these meatballs
- White or brown rice
- Honey Lime Fresh Fruit Salad
- Mango Berry Salad
- Homemade Naan Bread
More delicious recipes
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
- Ground turkey or beef for ground chicken
- Green chilies for jalapeños (this would be good if you have little ones that don’t love spice)
- Regular milk for coconut milk
- Pineapple (or another sweet and slightly tart fruit) for mango
More meatball recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Hawaiian Chicken Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs
- Honey Sriracha Ground Turkey Meatballs
- Cheesy Meatball Sliders
Mango Coconut Meatballs Recipe
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 jalapenos (seeded and diced small)
- 2 mangos (peeled and diced small)
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped fine
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ Tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
Coconut Mango Sauce
- 2 mangos (peeled and diced)
- ⅔ cup coconut milk
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground chicken, bread crumbs, eggs, jalapenos, mangoes, cilantro, coconut milk, salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin until thoroughly combined.
- Shape into balls that are about 1 1/2 inches in size (should make about 35-40 meatballs).
- Set each meatball on the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until meat is cooked through.
- While the meatballs are cooking, make the coconut mango sauce.
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in food processor or blender.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Serve sauce with the meatballs.
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Baking Sheet
- Large Mixing Bowl
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel?
You’ll love these delicious meatball recipes, too.