Sometimes the same hot dogs and hamburgers for every cook out gets a little old. We’re spicing up your next BBQ with a dish that’s sure to wow any crowd!
If this isn’t considered a hot dog, I don’t know what is! We had so much fun putting together these loaded hot dogs with all of our favorite toppings, and we can’t wait to do it again.
How to cook hot dogs on the grill
You’ll be surprised at how fast hot dogs cook on the grill, and how much more delicious they are compared to boiled or baked hot dogs.
Here are some simple directions to get perfectly grilled hot dogs each and every time.
- Heat up your grill to medium temperature, making sure it’s not too hot or you will scorch your dogs on the flames.
- Place your hot dogs on the grill, but DON’T walk away! To avoid them from burning you’ll need to stay nearby to rotate them.
- Rotate your hot dogs every 30 or so seconds making sure they don’t scorch. Rotating will also give your hot dogs perfect grill marks.
- Once your hot dogs start to expand, they are done. This usually takes 5-7 minutes.
If you like your buns a little toasted, butter them and place them face down on the grill for a few minutes too. You can’t go wrong with a good hot dog and bun!
Loaded Hot Dog Toppings
You can really dress up your hot dog with just about anything. We added a few of our favorites, but here’s a list of toppings we think would taste AMAZING!
- Pico De Gallo (We love this recipe for Quick Pico De Gallo! Any chunky salsa would be delicious!)
- Chipotle Mayo
- BBQ Sauce
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Green Onions
Potluck Side Dishes on Six Sisters’ Stuff
Dinner is taken care of, but what about the sides? Here are a few of our favorite potluck sides!
- Snickers Apple Pudding Salad
- Best Homemade Pasta Salad
- Strawberry Poppyseed Pasta Salad
- Barbecue Macaroni Salad
Loaded Hot Dogs Recipe
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese divided
- 8 strips bacon cooked
- 1 cup pico de gallo divided
- 1 avocado sliced thin
- 1 jalapeno pepper sliced thin
- ⅓ cup chipotle mayo
- Grill or microwave each hot dog until cooked thoroughly.
- In each hot dog bun, sprinkle an even amount of shredded cheese.
- Top with a hot dog, then tuck a piece of bacon next to each dog.
- Top each dog with pico de gallo, 1-2 slices of avocado, and Jalapeño slices.
- Drizzle with Chipotle mayonnaise.
- Serve warm.
- Toppings are included in nutritional information.
- Grill or Microwave
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel?
In this video we’re making another great potluck side, Loaded Broccoli Salad!