I have been using my Instant Pot for over 2 years now and I just keep finding more and more things I LOVE to make in it!
Baked Potatoes in the Instant Pot might be my new favorite. It is the perfect side dish for a lot of meals, or you can make it into a main dish!
Always wanted an Instant Pot, but a little nervous to get one? I share an easy Instant Pot recipe every single Monday on our Youtube Channel so you can follow right along!
Find the Instant Pot I have HERE. It is the basic and cheapest one, but I love it so much! Now on to the recipe!
How to make Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
First you want to be sure to get potatoes that are the same size. They will cook unevenly if you have different sizes
Clean your potatoes really well. Especially if you are eating the skin.
Poke each potato 5 or 6 times with a fork. The potato won’t explode or break open if you poke it. You also DON’T need foil in the Instant Pot!
Pour in 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot and add your steamer basket. Then add in your potatoes.
Put the lid on and turn the knob to sealing. Push the manual button or pressure cook button and set the timer for 12 minutes.
The timer is for 14 minutes for medium potatoes. If you have smaller potatoes you can set your timer for 10 minutes. If you have large potatoes, set your timer for 18-20 minutes.
Let the Instant Pot release naturally until you are able to turn the lid off. (It will take 15 to 20 minutes)
If your potatoes aren’t huge, they should be done and perfect inside!
What to put on a baked potato?
There are SO many options of things to serve on a baked potato. These are some of my favorite!
- Sour cream and chives
- Chili (this is a childhood favorite!)
- Cheese or cheese sauce
- Green onions or caramelized onions (these are my favorite on baked potatoes!)
- Avocados or guacamole
- Broccoli (or even better… broccoli and cheese sauce!)
- One of my favorite things is to make a Mexican baked potato. Beans, corn, ground beef, lettuce, sour cream and cheese. It is heaven!
- Hollow them out and make Twice Baked Potatoes Skins and use the inside for mashed potatoes!
How to store them and how long do they last?
If you like to meal prep, then these potatoes are perfect for you. They last 4 to 5 days in the refrigerator in sealed container.
I wouldn’t suggest freezing them after they are cooked. They just don’t turn out the same. The potatoes will go a brownish color and will be pretty soggy.
Have leftover potatoes? Here are a few recipes you could use your potatoes for:
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes (No More Foil!) Recipe
- 5 medium russet potatoes
- 1 cup water
- Scrub skin of potatoes with a brush until they are clean. Stab with fork 5-8 times. Don't wrap them in foil!
- Pour 1 cup of water into the insert of the Instant Pot. Place steamer basket (or the trivet - the one that comes with the Instant Pot works great) in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place potatoes on top of/inside steamer basket.
- Secure the lid and turn the knob to sealing.
- Use the manual mode or pressure cook button on Instant Pot and set to 12 minutes.
- Allow pressure to “release naturally” – takes 15-20 minutes.
- Once it is done releasing the pressure, remove the lid and serve immediately with desired toppings. You can also store in the fridge for 3-4 days in an airtight container.
- If you like to meal prep, then these potatoes are perfect for you. They last 4 to 5 days in the refrigerator in sealed container.
- Instant Pot
- Trivet or steamer basket
This post was included in our 10 MEALS for $5! Quick and Easy Cheap Dinner Ideas video! For more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!