Don’t waste your money on all of the prepackaged French toast sticks you can buy in the store. These are SO simple to make and taste a lot better.
These can easily be made ahead of time and then freeze them for a quick and easy breakfast on those busy mornings. The kids love eating them as they head out the door to school or a soccer game.
With just a few easy ingredients you can have an amazing breakfast on the table in no time at all. Homemade French toast sticks are an easy breakfast when you want to entertain friends or guests for breakfast.
what is the best bread for french toast sticks
- You can use any bread on hand for Homemade French Toast Sticks. But the thicker the bread, the chewier and more delicious your French toast sticks will be.
- We like to use a loaf of Texas Toast that can easily be purchased at most grocery stores. We have even sliced a loaf of French Bread. That way you can slice it to your desired thickness.
- Homemade bread is also another great option. You can easily switch it up for white or wheat bread. The options are endless and they all result in yummy French Toast sticks for you and your family.
- are french toast sticks messy?
When making French toast sticks, there are a few easy steps. None of them resulted in a lot of clean up. The bread will need to be sliced, which is simple to do on a cutting board. They are not messy to prepare.
The kids can eat them with their hands when sprinkled with powdered sugar. You can also dip these French Toast sticks in syrup. Kids love to the simplicity of picking their food and dipping it. We have food dippers at our house.
You will want to use a fork if the French Toast Sticks have been covered in syrup. That is how we prefer to eat them. Syrup makes everything taste delicious.
how to make homemade french toast sticks
Cut each slice of bread into 4 equal strips. Set aside.
In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, whipping cream, milk, vanilla, sugar, and cinnamon.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
After the butter is melted, dip each piece of bread in egg mixture, let excess batter drip off and place in pan. Be sure not to place in too many. It’s hard to flip them over if the pan is crowded.
Once one side is golden brown, flip over and cook the other side until golden brown and crispy on the outside.
After they are done cooking, place on a plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar. You can dip them into syrup on the side, or pour the syrup over the top to eat.
Enjoy your breakfast. They are so easy to make and you can WOW your family and breakfast guests.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
here are more delicious breakfast recipes for you to enjoy
- Nutella Stuffed Banana Pancakes
- Peaches and Cream French Toast
- Pumpkin Pull Apart Breakfast Bread
- Mini Baked Pancakes
- Baked Apple Cider Donut Holes
Homemade French Toast Sticks Recipe
- 8 slices White Texas Toast Bread
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- powdered sugar
- maple syrup
- Cut each slice of bread into 4 equal strips; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, whipping cream, milk, vanilla, sugar and cinnamon.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- After butter is melted, dip each piece of bread in egg mixture, let excess drip off and place in saucepan.
- Don't place too many pieces of bread in the pan so it is overcrowded.
- Once one side is golden brown, flip over and cook the other side until golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup.
- Large Bowl
- Large Saucepan
Have you seen our YouTube channel?