Ever been in a rush to make dinner? I swear that is my life almost every day! Lately, I have been buying a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, just to save me one more step. It really has been a lifesaver! Not to mention, I love the flavor of the rotisserie chicken!
Creamy Rotisserie Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 onion diced
- 2 ½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 (4 ounce) diced green chiles
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 19 ounces green enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and saute for 1 minute.
- Add chicken, 1 can of the green chilies, 1/2 teaspoon of paprika, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Next stir in 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Add cream and stir, letting mixture bubble and get hot. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a bowl combine the enchilada sauce, sour cream and green chilies. Whisk until well combined.
- To assemble, spoon some chicken mixture onto each tortilla. Top with two spoonfuls of the enchilada sauce and roll up. Place seam side down in a 9x13 dish. Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce evenly over the tortillas. Top with cheese and bake covered 30 minutes. Serve with sour cream, avocado, cilantro, or anything else you like on top of your enchiladas!
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan