Are you ready for Cinco De Mayo? This Guacamole and Bacon Potato Salad is the perfect side dish for your dinner.
It is a delicious twist on regular potato salad. Also be sure to check our special recipe tomorrow for Cinco De Mayo – you won’t be sorry.
If you are looking to switch up your side dish game, we highly recommend trying this simple and delicious Guacamole and Bacon Potato Salad.
How far in advance can I make this recipe?
I usually make this recipe and eat it within the same day. However, you can make it in advance. You could easily make it the day before and it would be just fine.
However, I would not make it more than 24 hours in advance. This salad is best when it is served fresh.
How could I make this recipe a little more healthy?
For this recipe, I like to replace the sour cream with plain Greek yogurt. It does taste a little better and has a better texture with the sour cream, but it is a very small change.
I also like to use an olive oil based mayonnaise.
Add a little more flavor:
This salad is delicious as is, however, I like to add a little ranch seasoning mix to give it just a little extra flavor. It is so yummy with a little kick of ranch seasoning mix.
Would any potato work for this recipe?
For this recipe, we used baby red potatoes, however, really any potato would work for this recipe. I have never made it using sweet potatoes because I usually use baby reds.
I have made this recipe using russet potatoes and it was absolutely scrumptious. You can also peel the potatoes, or keep the skin on. I like the texture of the skin, so I usually keep it on.
You could also use golden yukon potatoes. My friend makes her potato salad with them, and it is delicious every time.
Watch how to make another potato side dish, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
I am a huge potato salad fan. If you like potato salad, this is definitely a recipe you need to try. It comes together quickly, all thanks to the instant pot. Watch how simple it is to make, here:
Looking for more potato side dishes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Cheesy Bacon Potatoes
- Instant Pot Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Au Gratin Cheesy Potato Bake
- Brown Sugar Roasted Bacon Sweet Potatoes
- Roasted Baby Potatoes
Guacamole and Bacon Potato Salad Recipe
- 2 pounds small red potatoes quartered
- 6 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 6 green onions minced
- 8 ounces guacamole We like Wholly Guacamole
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon mustard
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and refrigerate until cooled.
- In a large bowl, combine the chilled potatoes, bacon and onions.
- For the dressing combine guacamole, sour cream, milk, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix together until well blended.
- Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Stock Pot
- Large Mixing Bowl
Never Miss Another Six Sisters’ Recipe Again:
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram |Facebook |Pinterest | YouTube
Questions & Reviews