We love a delicious green salad, but we kicked it up a notch with a delicious grilled salmon fillet.
Salmon is definitely a superfood with so many health benefits. Here are just a few reasons why you should include this catch into your weekly menu rotation.
health benefits of salmon
- Rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids.
- High in B Vitamins
- Great source of Protein
- Good source of Potassium
- Contains antioxidant Astaxanthin
- Great source of Selenium
- May reduce the risk of heart disease
- Helps with weight control
- Fights Inflammation
- Protects brain health
- Less fishy taste than other fish
what can you substitute for the spinach in this salad?
We won’t mention any names, but some members of our family aren’t too crazy about spinach. So you can easily substitute spinach for your favorite salad greens. Here are a few of our favorite substitutions:
- Swiss Chard
- Beet Greens
- Romaine Lettuce
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Collard Greens
how to make Grilled Salmon Salad
- Place salmon on a baking dish with sides at least two inches high.
- Make marinade by combining brown sugar, juice from pineapple slices, soy sauce, mustard, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a medium sized bowl. Stir together well.
- Divide marinade in half. Half will be used for salad dressing at the end. Set that aside.
- Pour other half over the salmon in the baking dish.
- Marinade for about 20 minutes. Turn salmon over and marinade another 10 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with non stick cooking spray. Or grill salmon over medium heat until cooked through and it begins to flake easily with a fork.
- Place salmon skin side down on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork.
- While the salmon is cooking or grilling, grill the pineapple slices over medium heat.
- With the remaining marinade, add in vinegar and olive oil.
- Place spinach leaves on 4 salad plates.
- Arrange grilled pineapple slices, tomatoes, avocados, and cheese crumbles on plate.
- Top with cooked salmon.
- Drizzle dressing over all.
items used in grilled salmon salad
- Mixing Bowls – These non skid bowls are great for mixing everything from dressing to cookie dough.
- George Foreman Indoor Grill – A great way to grill all year round.
- Half Sheet Cookie Sheets – Our favorite cookies sheets that come in a 2 pack.
If you love this recipe try our Easy Baked Salmon Recipe
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert, and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
check out more of our favorite salmon recipes
- Pesto Salmon
- Savory Salmon with Tangy Horseradish
- Lemon and Dill Salmon
- Cherry Chipotle Glazed Salmon
- BBQ Baked Salmon
DID YOU KNOW WE HAVE A YOUTUBE CHANNEL?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.