There is the most delicious BBQ place right by our house, and they have the tastiest cherry chipotle BBQ sauce. I love it slathered on everything – potatoes, ribs, steak, you name it, and I’ve probably slathered it in that sauce!
I found this sauce with cherry preserves, chipotle peppers, brown sugar, and olive oil. I poured it over salmon, and it did not disappoint!
I took some cues from one of our most popular salmon recipes (our easy baked salmon), and cooked it so it was nice and flaky, then I added the sauce to the top and served it with some fresh steamed broccoli. It was delicious!
Cherry Chipotle Glazed Salmon Recipe
- 1 pound salmon filet
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil divided
- garlic salt to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- fish seasoning to taste
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup Cherry Preserves
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobe sauce minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place salmon fillet in a baking dish. Brush with 1 Tablespoon olive oil, then sprinkle garlic salt, salt, pepper, and fish seasoning over top. Cut butter into small pieces and place over top the salmon.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 Tablespoons olive oil, cherry preserves, brown sugar, and chipotle pepper. Pour over top cooked salmon and serve immediately.
- Salmon should be cooked through before adding sauce
- Serve with fresh steamed broccoli or rice
- Baking Dish
- basting brush
- Small Mixing Bowl