I LOVE lemon recipes – especially when they’re really EASY lemon recipes. They just taste like spring/summer to me, and who doesn’t love the taste of that?
As I was making these bars, I cut open the lemon and it just smelled so good – so fresh, and sunny, and full of life – that I just kept breathing in the smell. (I realize that makes me sound a little loony…).
I ran to my husband in the other room and made him take a whiff too. Luckily, he didn’t think I was crazy and he readily agreed.
There’s just something about the scent of fresh lemons in the spring. I don’t know if there is a better smell? (maybe blossoming trees?)
These lemon bars have a little bit of everything, and then some. Their nilla wafer crust and lemony-cheesecake filling is topped off with coconut, white chocolate chips, and macadamia nuts.
Really, lemon desserts don’t get much better than this.
Related recipe: Love lemon flavored desserts? Try our Lemon Bar Cookie Cups!
What could I replace the vanilla wafers with?
This recipe calls for vanilla wafers. I don’t know what it is about them, but I can’t get enough of them. They are so yummy and taste absolutely amazing with this crust.
If you don’t have vanilla wafers on hand, or are looking to switch up the flavor, here are a few replacements we recommend:
- Graham Crackers
- Teddy Grahams
- Vanilla Oreo Cookies
- Golden Graham Cereal
- Biscoff Cookies
- Cinnamon Stick Crackers
Sweeten up the cream cheese layer:
I love this recipe because of the cream cheese in it. However, I like mine to be a little more tangy, because the white chocolate chips add the perfect amount of sweetness.
I know some people like their cream cheese layer to be a lot sweeter, which is an easy fix. We recommend combining your cream cheese with a little bit of powdered sugar.
White sugar may give it a crystalized texture, so we definitely recommend using powdered sugar, for the creamiest result.
Watch how to make another delicious summer recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
This Mandarin Orange Pretzel Jello Salad is a hit at every family party. It is so easy to make and tastes absolutely amazing. Watch how easy it is to make, here:
Looking for more delicious lemon recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
Coconut Lemon Bars Recipe
- 2 cups vanilla wafers crushed
- 6 Tablespoons butter melted
- 2 (8 ounce) cream cheese softened
- 5 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- ½ cup macadamia nuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Completely combine vanilla wafers and butter in a small bowl. Press mixture into the bottom of a greased 9x13" pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese, lemon juice and eggs until smooth. Pour this mixture over vanilla wafer mixture in the 9x13" pan.
- Top the layers in the pan with white chocolate chips, coconut, and macadamia nuts - then press them down firmly in the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Mixing Bowl
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan