There’s nothing I love more in the heat of the summer than a cool, refreshing drink. This Lemonberry slush is a copycat of my favorite Sonic drink. It’s sweet, tart, and perfectly icy for days when the weather is hot.
During high school, I would always hit up Sonic’s happy hour for half price drinks on my way to work to grab a slush before heading out to referee or umpire in the blazing sun. Almost every single time, I would order their Lemonberry Slush.
Now that I’m really pregnant during the heat of the summer this year and the nearest Sonic is over an hour away, I’ve had to learn how to make it at home.
5 Simple Ingredients
It’s just a few simple ingredients, but thrown together with some ice – it’s perfectly sweet, with just the right amount of tanginess that you expect from a summer drink.
For this recipe, all you need are these 5 ingredients:
- Lemon-lime flavored soda (I used a lemon-lime Mountain Dew for a little afternoon pick me up, but you could use Sprite or whatever brand you prefer – with or without calories)
- Lemon juice (I think fresh is best, but you could easily use store-bought lemon juice, too)
- Granulated sugar (you could omit this, I just added it for extra sweetness because I know Sonic’s slushes are REALLY sweet)
- Strawberries (I used fresh here, too, but you could easily use frozen strawberries for a thicker slush)
- Ice cubes (more or less depending on how thick you want your slush to be – we usually use about 3 cups)
How to make lemonberry slushes:
This recipe is so simple to make – all you have to do is place all of the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until you reach your desired consistency.
More copycat recipes:
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Looking for more copycat recipes? You’ll love this Homemade Big Hunk Candy Bar Recipe!
Check out our other favorite drink recipes:
- Healthier Orange Julius Copycat Recipe (with banana)
- Piña Colada Slush Drink
- Non-Alcoholic Holiday Bubbly
- Frozen Lemonade
- Tropical Banana Slush Drink (perfect for parties!)
- Strawberry Slush Drink
Copycat Lemonberry Slush Recipe
- 1 cup lemon lime flavored soda
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cups strawberries halved
- 3 cups ice cubes
- Mix together all ingredients in a high-power blender and serve.
- You can add more or less ice to reach your desired consistency. We like ours a lot thicker (like a slushy) so we usually add about 3 cups of ice.
Recipe adapted from: All Recipes
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel?