There’s nothing I love more in the heat of the summer than a cool, refreshing drink.
This Lemonberry slush is a copycat of my favorite Sonic drink. It’s sweet, tart, and perfectly icy for days when the weather is hot.
During high school, I would always hit up Sonic’s happy hour for half price drinks on my way to work to grab a slush before heading out to referee or umpire in the blazing sun. Almost every single time, I would order their Lemonberry Slush.
Now that I’m really pregnant during the heat of the summer this year and the nearest Sonic is over an hour away, I’ve had to learn how to make it at home.
5 Simple Ingredients
It’s just a few simple ingredients, but thrown together with some ice – it’s perfectly sweet, with just the right amount of tanginess that you expect from a summer drink.
For this recipe, all you need are these 5 ingredients:
- Lemon-lime flavored soda (I used a lemon-lime Mountain Dew for a little afternoon pick me up, but you could use Sprite or whatever brand you prefer – with or without calories)
- Lemon juice (I think fresh is best, but you could easily use store-bought lemon juice, too)
- Granulated sugar (you could omit this, I just added it for extra sweetness because I know Sonic’s slushes are REALLY sweet)
- Strawberries (I used fresh here, too, but you could easily use frozen strawberries for a thicker slush)
- Ice cubes (more or less depending on how thick you want your slush to be – we usually use about 3 cups)
How to make lemonberry slushes
This recipe is so simple to make – all you have to do is place all of the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until you reach your desired consistency.
Related recipe: Love sonic recipes? Try our copycat cherry limeade, too!
More copycat recipes
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Check out our other favorite drink recipes:
- Healthier Orange Julius Copycat Recipe (with banana)
- Piña Colada Slush Drink
- Non-Alcoholic Holiday Bubbly
- Frozen Lemonade
- Tropical Banana Slush Drink (perfect for parties!)
Recipe adapted from: All Recipes
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel?
You can see how to make even more of our delicious recipes over there. If you love this Copycat Lemonberry Slush, you’ll love these three refreshing drinks, too.