I snack all day long. I’ve been trying to be creative in my healthy snacking. These homemade apple crisps require 2 ingredients.
I LOVE baked apples, so I knew these would be a grab n go snack that I would choose. They were out of this world delicious.
Baked cinnamon apple crisps are so easy to make and had the most amazing taste and texture.
Not to mention, they are very inexpensive to make, and you and your family will go crazy for these.
I like to put them into little baggies, and my kids grab them as they head out the door. Rest assured because they are eating a healthy snack. I eat them throughout the day when I get a craving for something sweet.
how should I store the baked Apple crisps?
Baked apple crisps store well, and stay fresh for a long time. That is, if they last that long.
They are chewy, and their texture gets better with time.
However, you will want to be sure you properly store them, so they don’t lose their amazing texture. We recommend placing them in an airtight container, or a ziploc bag with all of the air pushed out.
These apple crisps do not do well in the refrigerator.
I usually make two batches, put the apples in ziploc bags, and place them in an easy to reach spot. Put them where your kids can grab them easily because this is one mom-approved snack that I want my kids to eat.
These apple crisps stay good for about a week.
can i cut my apple crisp pieces thicker? or do they work better when they are thin?
I always try to cut mine as thin as I possibly can, because they get a little more crunchy and even. If you cut them thicker, they tend to be softer. But they are still delicious.
A mandoline slicer works great on these baked cinnamon apple crisps. You can also remove the seeds and leave the center of each apple slice. We remove the center because of picky kids.
If you slice them thicker, the outside will be cooked more, and the inside will still be chewy. For best results, stick to the instructions and aim for 3 mm slices.
Try to cut them as thin as you can. This part may take a little time, but I promise it’s worth it. This is also a very inexpensive snack, and it beats buying them at the grocery store for 4 times the amount.
how to make baked cinnamon apple crisps:
All you need to make these delicious baked cinnamon apple crisps are apples and cinnamon. SO easy.
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice your apples as thin as you possible can. A mandoline slicer works great for slicing. We used a sharp knife.
- Place sliced apples on baking sheet and arrange them as close together as you can. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake on the lower rack for about 50-60 minutes. Then turn over and bake for another 50-60 minutes. The longer they cook, the crispier they will be. Watch closely so they don’t burn.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Apples will be soft when you remove them from the oven, but will slowly crisp up with time. Sometimes we like them a little chewier and remove them early from the oven. You can see which way you prefer.
helpful items needed for this recipe:
- Mandoline Slicer – This slicer adjusts and cuts to any desired thickness.
- Cookie Baking Sheets – These cookie sheets are great for apple slices and so many other baked goodies.
- Parchment Paper – Pre measured parchment paper to make you life so much easier.
have you heard about our new cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
watch how to make another favorite snack here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We created it specifically for you. We wanted to show you how to make all of our recipes, so they turn out perfectly every time.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it.
If you are looking for delicious, family favorite recipes, head over to our channel, and watch how to make some of our favorites.
We love healthy snacks. Watch how to make our Chocolate Covered Bananas, here:
looking for more healthy snacks? Here are a few of our favorites:
Baked Cinnamon Apple Crisps Recipe
- 3 red apples (Gala and Pink Lady work best)
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Core and slice your apples as thin as you can (1/8 of an inch or 3 mm)
- Arrange the apple slices on the parchment paper close together so you can fit as many as you can. Lightly sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake on the lower part of your oven (away from the heating elements) for 50 minutes, then gently turn the apple slices over and bake for another 50-60 minutes. Keep an eye on them towards the last 10 minutes or so to make sure they do not burn.
- Remove baking sheet or rack from oven and allow the apples to cool. The apples will come out a bit soft but will crisp up as they cool.