We are in the middle of winter and missing the huge variety of fresh fruit that we get in the summer and fall.
But these past few weeks we have had fresh strawberries in the groceries stores (maybe a hint of spring?!)
That is why we love these strawberry cookies. They are made with real whipping cream and fresh strawberries. This cookie is a winner any way you look at it.
It is almost like a refreshing cookie (is it possible to feel refreshed after eating cookies, because that’s really the best way to describe these cookies?).
They are so easy to make, only require a few simple ingredients, and taste absolutely amazing.
You will love this simple, refreshing, fruity dessert.
What is the best way to store these?
These cookies are yummiest when served cold. We don’t recommend making them too far in advance, or they will begin to soften and get a little soggy.
However, they should be good 24 hours before serving, is stored properly in the fridge (we don’t recommend freezing them.)
To store them, I use a few big air tight containers. I have found that you can stack a few of them, but no more than two on top of each other.
If you don’t have large containers, you can also put them on a cookie sheet, all prepared, and cover them with foil or saran wrap, keeping any excess air, from getting in.
Again, these are best served cold, because of the whipped cream, but will be good for about an hour or two left out, for serving.
Avoid serving them in the sun, or it will melt your whipped cream a little.
Watch how to make another light and refreshing strawberry dish, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
This Strawberry Jello Fluff Salad, is so light and delicious. Watch how to make it, here:
Looking for more strawberry recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Homemade Strawberry Milkshake
- Layered Strawberry JellO Salad
- Skinny Frozen Strawberry Bites
- Skillet Strawberry Crumble
- Strawberry Shortcake Shish Kabobs
Fresh Strawberry Cream Filled Cookies Recipe
- 15.25 ounces strawberry cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup shortening
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries sliced
- 4 drops red food coloring
- Mix together the strawberry cake mix, eggs, and shortening until well combined. The dough is quite thick.
- Roll the dough into balls slightly bigger than one inch. Try to get them all the same size.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 8 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from cookie sheet to cool.
- For the cream filling beat the whipping cream and powdered sugar together until it's thick. You will want it quite thick because when you add the strawberries it relaxes a lot.
- If you want it to be a light pink color you can add a few drops of red food coloring. That is totally optional.
- Wash and dry the strawberries then dice them into small pieces. Gently fold the diced strawberries into the whipped cream.
- Spread the freshly whipped topping with strawberries onto a cookie, and then top with another cookie.
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube
Check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Questions & Reviews