what could i replace the walnuts with?
I love the sweet crunch of the walnuts with this recipe. They add just the perfect amount of texture, and I go crazy for them.
However, I get that not everyone is a huge walnut fan, which is totally fine. So here are a few replacements we recommend:
- Chocolate Chips
- Caramel Sauce Drizzle
- Frosting Glaze
- Powdered Sugar
Or you could go without a garnish or crunch, and just eat it as is. It will be delicious with or without the walnuts, or topping of choice. It doesn’t necessarily need it, but we love the extra flair, and texture it brings.
can i make this recipe ahead of time?
You could most definitely make this recipe ahead of time. We recommend spraying the pan with non-stick cooking spray, very well, if you plan to cook it later.
We wouldn’t recommend making it more than 24 hours in advance, before cooking it. It is made with biscuit dough, which doesn’t really tend to grow all that much, but just for freshness, this is best when prepared then baked right away.
When I make it, I usually prepare it then bake right away, but I recently prepared it at night, then baked it the following morning and it turned out perfect.
watch how to make another delicious bread recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
This Pecan French Toast is full of sweet caramel pecan goodness. If you have never tried this, we also recommend giving it a go. It’s the best way to wake up. We even have it for “brinner” some nights (breakfast for dinner).
Watch how simple it is to make, here:
looking for more breakfast recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
Puff Pastry Cherry Turnovers
Pineapple Banana Bread
Overnight Raspberry French Toast
The Best Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Easy Gooey Gorilla Bread Recipe
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese 1 package
- 24 ounces refrigerated biscuits 2 (10 count) packages
- 1½ cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar over low heat, stirring well; set aside.
- Cut the cream cheese into 20 equal cubes.
- Press the biscuits out with your fingers and sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon sugar.
- Place a cube of cream cheese in the center of each biscuit, wrapping and sealing the dough around the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the nuts into the bottom of the bundt pan. Place half of the prepared biscuits in the pan.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, pour half of the melted butter mixture over the biscuits, and sprinkle on 1/2 cup of nuts.
- Layer the remaining biscuits on top, sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar, pour the remaining butter mixture over the biscuits and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of nuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Place a plate on top and invert.
- We wouldn’t recommend making it more than 24 hours in advance, before cooking it. It is made with biscuit dough, which doesn’t really tend to grow all that much, but just for freshness, this is best when prepared then baked right away.
- Bundt Pan
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
(Recipe from Paula Deen)
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram |Facebook |Pinterest | YouTube
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Questions & Reviews
I hope to see you there!