Looking for another roll-up recipe? Try our Mom’s Classic Chicken and Cream Cheese Roll-Ups! They are one of the most popular recipes on our blog for a reason.
What should I use my leftover chicken with?
I love this simple recipe, but depending on the size of your chicken breasts, you may have a little bit of the chicken mixture left over. Here is what I recommend using it for:
- Sandwiches or grilled cheese melts, later in the week, or for lunch.
- Freeze it, and make the recipe again in a month (put the mixture in the fridge, 24 hours before serving it, to best thaw it).
- Put it on salads, and eat throughout the week.
- Eat it with crackers, or even just with a fork.
- Serve it over rice, with melted cheese. It’s like a Hawaiian Haystack, but more delicious.
Try a different meat:
I have only made this recipe using shredded chicken, but I am sure it would work great with other meat as well, such as fish, shrimp, ground chicken or ground turkey, turkey breast, or even some deli meat, if shredded.
You may want to season it differently depending on what meat you choose, but we prefer chicken, most of all. It is absolutely delicious.
Related recipe: Mom’s Chicken and Cream Cheese Roll-Ups
Watch how to make another DELICIOUS chicken recipe here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
I love a good easy dinner recipe, but this Orange Chicken you can make in the instant pot, takes the cake. Toss it all together, and dinner is ready in just a few quick minutes. Watch how simple it is to make, here:
Looking for more kid friendly meals? Here are a few of our favorites:
- French Dip Crescents
- Beef Stuffed Crescent Rolls
- Ham, Egg and Cheese Roll-Ups
- Ham and Pineapple Roll-Ups
- Stuffed Pizza Rolls
Chicken Ranch Roll-Ups Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 8 ounces fat-free cream cheese softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ounce ranch dressing mix
- 8 ounces refrigerated crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil or cook chicken breasts and shred.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese, shredded chicken and ranch dressing mix.
- Unroll crescent rolls and place a large spoonful of cream cheese mixture on the wide part of each crescent, using about 1/8th of the mixture per crescent. Roll up crescents and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!