With a five-year-old and a three-year-old and a baby that is going to be born any day, my life is pretty crazy right now. I can only imagine how busy I will be when they are teenagers! Right now I am just taking life one day at a time . . . and one dinner at a time!
Slow Cooker Sesame Beef Recipe
- 1½ pounds boneless beef chuck roast sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup Oyster sauce*
- 1 pound broccoli florets fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- cooked rice optional
- sesame seeds for garnish
- In slow-cooker, arrange beef strips; pour beef broth and oyster sauce over the beef.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or until beef is very tender.
- If using fresh broccoli, place broccoli in microwave-safe bowl with 1/4 cup water. Microwave 4 to 5 minutes, until broccoli is tender. If using frozen broccoli, follow cooking directions on packaging.
- In a cup, combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cooking liquid; stir until smooth.
- Add to slow-cooker and stir well to combine. Drain the broccoli and stir into the slow-cooker. Cook uncovered on HIGH for about 15 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve over hot, cooked rice and garnish with sesame seeds.
- Slow Cooker
Recipe from LDS Living