Is teriyaki marinade the same thing as teriyaki sauce?
For this recipe, we call for teriyaki sauce. A lot of the teriyaki sauces can be a little more runny, but we used a thicker sauce (probably has more sugar, but it did have less sodium).
Most teriyaki marinades are really thin, and a water like substance.
We recommend using the thicker teriyaki sauce, and not the marinade for the best results.
It will help your chicken taste less salty, and more sweet.
What could I replace the teriyaki sauce with?
If you aren’t a huge teriyaki sauce fan, you could use really any other sauce you like. Here are a few we highly recommend that would still taste amazing with the chicken and pineapple combo:
- Barbecue Sauce (we like to use a honey bbq sauce, or a brown sugar one. The sweeter ones taste better with the pineapple).
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- You Could also Make Your Own Teriyaki Sauce.
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Looking for more chicken recipes? Here are a few of our favorite:
Crock Pot Pineapple Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks (drain half of the juice out)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Spray the crock pot with nonstick cooking spray and add chicken breasts.
- In a bowl combine the soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, and pineapple chunks (with half of the juice) and pour over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes on top as desired.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours.
- Shred chicken with two forks in the crock pot.
- Serve over rice.
- Slow Cooker
Check out our new cookbook:
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!