It’s a big deal when you find something your kids love to eat for dinner. Our family loves tacos and a good baked potato bar.
So we combined 2 of our favorites and came up with this delicious meal. The whole family devoured these loaded potatoes.
A victory dinner tonight. Simple, tasty and easy. A win-win for everyone. You will love how simple and delicious these tacos are.
They are also super inexpensive, so if you are on a budget, this is the perfect dinner for you and your family. It’s quick, simple, delicious, and full of flavor. You’ll love them.
Related recipe: if you want more baked potato recipes, try our Loaded Baked Potato Skins.
Add a little more flavor:
This dish is delicious as is, however, I like to add a little ranch seasoning mix to give it just a little extra flavor. It is so yummy with a little kick of ranch seasoning mix.
Would any potato work for this recipe?
For this recipe, we used russet potatoes, however, really any potato would work for this recipe. I have never made it using sweet potatoes because I usually use russet potatoes.
I have made this recipe using red potatoes and it was absolutely scrumptious. You can also peel the potatoes, or keep the skin on. I like the texture of the skin, so I usually keep it on.
You could also use golden yukon potatoes. Really any potato would work great for this recipe. If you have a favorite potato, try it. It’s hard to mess this recipe up, so any type of potato would be delicious.
Our favorite baked potato toppings:
It is all about the toppings for me. If you are looking for more things to top your baked potato off with, here are a few I recommend:
- bacon crumbles
- cubed ham
- bell peppers
- plain Greek yogurt
- chili (with crumbled frito corn chips)
- nacho cheese
- banana peppers
Watch how to make another yummy potato dish, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
I am a huge potato salad fan. If you like potato salad, this is definitely a recipe you need to try. It comes together quickly, all thanks to the instant pot. Watch how simple it is to make, here:
Looking for more potato side dishes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Cheesy Bacon Potatoes
- Instant Pot Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Au Gratin Cheesy Potato Bake
- Brown Sugar Roasted Bacon Sweet Potatoes
- Roasted Baby Potatoes
Loaded Baked Potato Tacos Recipe
- 6 Russet Potatoes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1.5 ounce taco seasoning mix packet
- ¾ cup sour cream optional topping
- 1 cup shredded Mexican Blend Cheese optional topping
- 3 green onions sliced - optional topping
- 2 tomatoes diced - optional topping
- 6 ounces black olives sliced - optional topping
- 6 strips bacon cooked and crumbled - optional topping
- Wash and pierce potatoes with a fork. Wrap in aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- During the last 20 minutes while the potatoes are baking, brown the ground beef. Drain grease and add the taco seasoning mix and the water that is called for on the taco seasoning packet. Let it simmer as directed on the taco seasoning packet.
- After the potatoes are done baking, cut them in half lengthwise. Mash them slightly with a fork while in their skins.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup seasoned hamburger over each potato. Then top with a dollop of sour cream, cheese, green onions, tomatoes, olives, and bacon.
This post was included in our 5 days of $5 Dinners video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!
Never Miss Another Six Sisters’ Recipe Again:
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram |Facebook |Pinterest | YouTube
Questions & Reviews