All the tomatoes in my garden are going crazy and I have way more than I know what to do with . . . so I have been making this salsa a couple of times a week! My family DEVOURS it and you can add/subtract the ingredients to how you like it.]
(The Best) Fresh Tomato Salsa Recipe
This fresh salsa tastes amazing and you can add/subtract the ingredients to how you like it.
- 5 large tomatoes or 6-8 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup onion diced
- ¼ cup minced fresh cilantro (or if you don't have fresh you can use about 2 Tbsp dried)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons fresh jalapeno pepper chopped, (include seeds if you want it hotter- add less if you don't like heat)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Mix all ingredients together and serve. Keep leftovers in fridge. This tastes amazing after about 24 hours in the fridge . . . the flavors all mix together and it is delicious!
This is salsa on our Loaded Nachos Recipe
Calories: 25 kcal · Carbohydrates: 6 g · Protein: 1 g · Fat: 1 g · Saturated Fat: 1 g · Sodium: 134 mg · Potassium: 229 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 3 g · Vitamin A: 676 IU · Vitamin C: 25 mg · Calcium: 16 mg · Iron: 1 mg
- Mixing Bowl
Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com.