Hooray for summer. This is the perfect drink for a hot summer’s day or a summer BBQ. This is always a barbecue staple at our summer get togethers. It is so easy to make and it tastes amazing.
It only requires a few simple ingredients, and it’s the best way to stay cool, all spring and summer long.
It is honestly the most refreshing drink of all time. It only requires a few simple ingredients, and has amazing flavor. If you are looking for a quick, simple, and delicious drink or slush recipe, this is the one you’ve been looking for.
It has so much strawberry flavor, and tastes absolutely amazing.
Would these freeze well into popsicles?
This recipe was made for drinking, however, if you are looking to preserve this, or if you have leftovers, you could definitely make it into popsicles, and it would taste just as fabulous.
The popsicles may lose a little bit of the carbonation of the Sprite, but they flavor of the lemon lime and strawberry would still be delicious.
If you don’t have popsicle molds, you use plastic cups, with the wax lining, because they are easy to cut off, and don’t stick to the popsicle when frozen.
These would make a delicious and refreshing, summer treat.
What other juice could I use instead of orange?
If you are not an orange juice fan, you could easily swap it out for another juice. Here are a few of our favorites:
-Mango or Tropical Juice
STEPS TO MAKE THE PERFECT STRAWBERRY SLUSH DRINK:
- Step 1: In a large saucepan, combine sugar, water, and jell-o. Boil for 3 minutes. You really will want to time it. Once it comes to a boil, start the timer, and remove it at 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in pineapple juice, lemon juice, and orange juice.
- Divide the juice mixture into two separate containers (I use gallon-sized Ziploc bags) and freeze for at least 8 hours (it can store in the freezer for a long time, but if you want the “slushy” consistency, you will want to keep it in the freezer for at least 8 hours).You can also pour it into smaller containers or individual bags to help it freeze a little faster. Be sure you let the mixture cool enough that the mixture doesn’t melt the bags and create a large mess.I used a 1 cup measuring cup, to scoop the juice into each bag.
- If it is frozen solid, I usually pull it out of the freezer about 2 hours before I need to use it so that it can thaw a little bit. But if you make it the same day, it usually is about 6-8 hours to get a good freeze.
- When ready to serve, place the slushy contents of the bag into a punch bowl and stir in a 2 liter of Sprite with it (if you need to serve a lot of people, you can add a second 2-liter of Sprite and it will still taste good).I will also use Fresca, or any lemon lime flavored drink will work.
- I like to slice up some fresh strawberries and throw them into the punch bowl. You will want to serve it immediately. I like to put ice cubes in mine to make it extra cold, especially if its a hot summer day, just to keep the slushy substance, thick and slushy.
- This is the perfect drink for barbecues, baby showers, wedding showers, parties, Mother’s Day, or just on a hot summer day.
Watch how to make another one of our favorite frozen drink recipes, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
Watch how to make another one of our frozen favorites, Frozen Hot Chocolate, here:
Looking for more delicious strawberry recipes?
- Strawberry Fruit Pizza
- Strawberry Cake Bars
- Strawberry Buttermilk Donuts
- Fresh Strawberry Pie
- Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast Bake
Strawberry Slush Drink Recipe
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 6 cups water
- 2 (3 ounce) jello strawberry
- 46 ounces pineapple juice
- ⅔ cup lemon juice
- 4 cups orange juice
- 2 liter Sprite
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, water, and jell-o. Boil for 3 minutes. Stir in pineapple juice, lemon juice, and orange juice. Divide mixture into two separate containers (I use gallon-sized Ziploc bags) and freeze for at least 8 hours (it can store in the freezer for a long time, but if you want the "slushy" consistency, you will want to keep it in the freezer for at least 8 hours).
- If it is frozen solid, I usually pull it out of the freezer about 2 hours before I need to use it so that it can thaw a little bit.
- When ready to serve, place the slushy contents of the bag into a punch bowl and stir in a 2 liter of Sprite with it (if you need to serve a lot of people, you can add a second 2-liter of Sprite and it will still taste good). I like to slice up some fresh strawberries and throw them into the punch bowl.
- Serve immediately.
- Large Saucepan
Check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!