Sonic Drive-In is a popular place near our home that has the best refreshing drinks. They have a daily happy hour (which I think is more like 2 hours) where you can get drinks at half off.
But knowing we can make our own copycat version has saved us a lot of time, travel, and money.
Our copycat recipe tastes so much like the real deal. We’ve served it to friends and they couldn’t believe we made it ourselves.
If you’ve never had a cherry limeade, it’s a combination of sweet and sour that goes together with every sip. It’s very similar to a cherry lemonade, but has a kick of citrus added to it.
Our copycat cherry limeade is our most requested drink on a hot day. It’s so refreshing. It’s that perfect summer drink as you relax on your front porch in the evening.
how to make copycat Sonic Drive-in cherry limeade
4 simple ingredients are all you need for this refreshing cherry limeade. And in 5 short minutes you can enjoy the amazing flavor of this drink.
When making this cherry limeade, it’s so important to have the perfect balance of cherry and lime to get the ideal cherry limeade taste.
We have perfected this recipe to accomplish that goal. We think you’ll agree.
- Start by stirring together the frozen limeade concentrate, lemon lime soda, and cherry juice from the maraschino cherry jar. We like to use Sprite for the lemon lime soda. Store brand lemon lime soda works great too.
- Any brand of maraschino cherries and juice are ideal for this cherry limeade. We grabbed Kroger brand at our local Smith’s.
- Pour mixture into 6 glasses and add crushed or mini ice cubes to each glass.
- Top off with a fresh lime slice and 1-2 maraschino cherries.
- Serve immediately.
helpful items used in making Cherry Limeade
- Mini Ice Cube Trays – These cute mini ice cube trays are a lot cheaper than a pebble ice machine.
- Long Stirring Spoon – Longer length stirring spoons come in handy for so many recipes.
- Slicing Knife – A nice sharp knife for slicing limes and so much more.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert, and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
check out more refreshing drink recipes
- Instant Pot Apple Cider
- Easy Fruity Party Punch
- Tropical Banana Slush Punch
- Cranberry Citrus Punch
- Strawberry Slush Drink
Have you seen our YouTube channel?