When I was first married, we had tacos once a week because they were so easy! I was always afraid to experiment with new recipes because I was afraid my husband wouldn’t like them. We just celebrated our 7th Wedding Anniversary and things have sure changed! I am trying new recipes and experimenting with food about 5 times a week. I am still about quick and easy recipes but now I like to focus on the flavor! These Lime chicken Tacos taste delicious and are so easy to throw together on a busy night.
Lime Chicken Tacos Recipe
- 6 Tablespoons Honey
- 5 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 8 hard taco shells
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup sour cream
- Whisk together the honey, lime juice, chili powder and garlic powder and make it into a sauce.
- Place the shredded chicken in a Ziploc bag and pour the sauce in with the chicken and shake until it is all covered.
- Stick the bag with the chicken in the fridge for 15 to 30 minutes to let the sauce soak in.
- While it is soaking, chop up the lettuce, tomatoes, green onions and any other toppings you want on your taco.
- Remove chicken from ziploc bag and place in a medium sized bowl. Heat in microwave for about 1 minute or until heated through.
- Portion evenly into 8 taco shells. Top each with preferred toppings and serve.
- The longer you marinate the chicken the better the flavor. You can even put it in there the night before!
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Ziploc Bag