Our family loves chicken strips. We have brought chicken strips to a whole new level with these Coconut Chicken Strips. After they are done baking, you dip them into the amazing Pina Colada Dipping sauce and it’s absolutely Heavenly.
We love the crispy coating when these chicken strips are cooked, while the inside stays moist and tender. The coconut adds just the right amount of sweetness.
Coconut Chicken Strips are a healthier option because they are baked to crispy perfection in place of frying. It’s a lot less messier than frying, and easier cleanup. And no greasy smell in your house that can linger for days.
what other cuts of chicken will work in this recipe?
We like to use boneless skinless chicken breasts when we make these coconut chicken strips. We use the chicken breast halves and cut them into strips.
You could easily use chicken tenders. You can buy them in big bags in the frozen chicken section in your grocery store.
Boneless skinless chicken thighs will work for this recipe too. Cut the chicken thighs into strips.
can this recipe be made into chicken nuggets?
This recipe can easily be made into chicken nuggets. Cut the chicken into large bite sized pieces.
Prepare the nuggets as you would the chicken strips. The chicken nuggets will cook faster than the strips. So watch them closely while cooking to adjust the length of cooking time.
how to make coconut chicken strips with pina colada sauce
- Combine the hot sauce, lime juice and coconut milk in a large plastic zip-top bag.
- Add chicken to the bag and marinate for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator. Turn the bag occasionally so all sides soak in the marinade.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine bread crumbs, coconut flakes, salt, curry powder, onion powder, and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and roll each strip in the bread crumb mixture.
- Place on prepared baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- You can make the dipping sauce while the chicken is cooking by combining sour cream, crushed pineapple that has been drained, and pina colada mix.
- Serve the pina colada sauce cold with the cooked chicken strips.
helpful items used with coconut chicken strips
- Gallon Ziploc Bags – These bags are leak proof and great for marinading.
- Baking Sheets – We love these big half sheets for cooking and baking.
- Mixing Bowls – These bowls are great with a non skid bottom.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
here are more tasty chicken recipes for you
Here are some of our favorite chicken recipes that are easy to make and taste amazing!
- Parmesan Sesame Chicken Strips
- Doritos Crusted Chicken Strips
- Pineapple Chicken Tenders
- Sweet and Spicy BBQ Chip Chicken
- Oven Fried Chicken