We don’t have fried food at our home very often. I hate how frying foods will leave my house smelly for days! This oven fried chicken tastes just as delicious as regular fried chicken, but without all the mess!
Related Recipe: Don’t miss out on our Chicken Fried Pork Chops!
Related Recipe: You’ll love this easy and delicious Winger’s Sticky Fingers Copycat recipe.
OVEN FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into strips)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 Tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- ½ cup butter
- Place chicken strips and buttermilk in a large ziploc bag. Seal bag tightly and let chicken soak in buttermilk for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a shallow pan, combine seasoning salt, pepper, flour, and paprika.
- Spray the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cut the butter into pieces and place around the bottom of the pan.
- Put baking pan with butter in the oven for about 5 minutes or until the butter is melted and hot.
- Remove pan from oven.
- Shake excess buttermilk off of each chicken strip and coat in the seasoning mix.
- Place coated chicken in the baking pan.
- Cook for 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven and turn each piece of chicken and cook for 15 more minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
(Recipe adapted from Favorite Family Recipes)