Although this post is sponsored by SunChips and the Mom It Forward Network, all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for allowing us to share with you brands that we love to keep our blog going!
As a parent with picky eaters, I sometimes have to get creative when it comes to finding things that my children will eat. One of my children?s favorite foods is fried chicken (which I also love!). I have found a fun way to keep that crunchy, flavorful chicken in our menu rotation by coating the chicken with chips and then baking the chicken in the oven. And to give it a completely unique spin, I used one of the SunChips brand?s newest flavors ? Sweet and Spicy BBQ.
As a mom, SunChips are a snack that I can get behind because they are made with 100% whole grains (that you can see and taste!) and are made with no artificial preservatives or flavors. They have also some delicious flavors (like Garden Salsa and Harvest Cheddar) that my family loves.
This recipe literally comes together in a matter of minutes and will be a family favorite! The flavor of the chips really takes your plain ol? chicken to the next level! I will even cut the chicken up into strips and my kids will dip it in BBQ sauce or ketchup.
Sweet and Spicy BBQ Chip Chicken Recipe
- 7 ounces Sweet and Spicy BBQ SunChips
- ⅓ cup ranch dressing
- ⅓ cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (sliced in half and pounded flat)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place SunChips snacks into a gallon-sized, resealable plastic bag and crush chips using a rolling pin (you may also put the snacks in food processor and blend until they are finely crushed. Pour chip crumbs into a medium-sized bowl.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, mix together ranch dressing, BBQ sauce, and garlic powder.
- Dip chicken in the BBQ ranch mixture, then roll chicken in snack crumbs until it is completely covered. Place chicken breast in prepared pan and repeat process with the remaining chicken pieces.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and has an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees F.
The SunChips brand is encouraging people everywhere to think outside the box and embrace their uniqueness. Whether that means shaking up your dinner menu by rolling your chicken in snacks or having a mini-dance session with your kids, celebrate those things that make you fun, quirky and unique . . . just like every SunChips snack variety is unique in every wave.
The Whole Grains Council suggests people consume 48 grams or more of whole grains daily, and SunChips whole grain snacks provide 21 grams of whole grains per one-ounce serving. In fact, diets rich in whole grains and plant foods, and low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may help reduce the risk of heart disease. Give your snack break a boost with SunChips whole grain snacks.