Doritos are one of the few foods I can’t eat when I’m pregnant. As soon as the baby is out I pretty much inhale these things! These Doritos Crusted Chicken Strips taste delicious… and the man in your life will thank me!
Doritos Crusted Chicken Strips Recipe
These Doritos Crusted Chicken Strips taste delicious… and the man in your life will thank me!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 11.5 ounces Nacho Cheese Flavored Dorritos 1 bag
- 2 cups flour
- ½ Tablespoon garlic salt
- 4 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut chicken into thin 1/2 inch strips.
- Using a food processor or rolling pin, crush the Doritos so that they are a texture coarse like bread crumbs. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Mix the flour and salt in one bowl and eggs in another. Whisk the eggs so that they are well scrambled well.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Set up the four bowls in order: 1. bowl with the chicken 2. bowl with the flour and salt 3. bowl with the beaten eggs 4. bowl with the crushed Doritos.
- Lift out a few chicken strips and place them in the flour so they are all coated. Lift the chicken strips out of the flour and shake off any excess. Place them in the eggs and turn them so they are evenly coated. Lift them out of the egg and then place them in the crushed Doritos - again so they are even coated. Place the coated chicken strips on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining chicken strips.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes
Calories: 791 kcal · Carbohydrates: 98 g · Protein: 40 g · Fat: 25 g · Saturated Fat: 4 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 72 mg · Sodium: 1555 mg · Potassium: 728 mg · Fiber: 5 g · Sugar: 3 g · Vitamin A: 34 IU · Vitamin C: 1 mg · Calcium: 138 mg · Iron: 4 mg
- food processor, blender, or rolling pin
- Large Bowl
- Four Bowls
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Baking Sheet
Related Recipe: Parmesan Sesame Chicken Strips with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce