I really do try to eat healthy 80% of the time. But that last 20%, I really go wild.
I love finding new healthy recipes, I know I will actually eat and enjoy, and this Chicken Avocado Salad is exactly that. It is so delicious, and I could honestly eat it every single day.
It is full of fresh ingredients, that combine and taste absolutely amazing together. The dressing that goes on top is simple, quick, inexpensive, and takes just seconds to make.
I know exactly what I am eating, because all the ingredients are clean and healthy.
You can eat it with a fork, or you can put it on a tortilla, slice of whole wheat bread, or on pita bread. Either way, you can’t go wrong with this yummy, healthy, recipe.
what other fresh veggies could i add to this recipe?
I love adding all the fresh vegetables to this. I will usually add what is left in my fridge from other recipes that week, and they taste amazing in this.
If you are looking to add more veggies, here are a few I recommend:
- zucchini squash
- sugar snap peas
- bell peppers
Really any veggies would go great in this. You can add however many you’d like, and it would still taste delicious once you get all the dressing on it.
tips to making the best chicken avocado salad:
The first tip to making your Chicken Avocado Salad is to keep your avocados looking green. To do this, I recommend a few ways.
- The first way is by rubbing them with lemon juice.
- I also recommend keeping them in the shell until you need to use them, or seconds before throwing them into the salad and serving.
- We also found that keeping the pit in, if you have a little bit of leftover avocado, helps the avocado from browning so quickly.
We love feta cheese with this recipe, but you could use parmesan, mozzarella, goat cheese, or any other favorite cheese.
We also like to add a a little bit of extra cilantro on top, to give it that polished and complete look. This is the most fresh and delicious salad.
You will want to be sure to shake the dressing in a container, before pouring it over the salad. The oils seem to separate from the rest of the ingredients, so give it a good shake, then immediately pour it over the salad.
watch how to make another delicious chicken avocado recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
These Avocado Chicken Salad Sandwiches are simple, delicious, and full of flavor. They are also healthy and incredibly easy to make. Watch how to make them, here:
looking for more healthy recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
- Healthy Strawberry Baked Oatmeal Cups
- 10 Minute Healthy Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps
- Healthy ABC Chocolate Pudding
- Healthy Immunity Boost Smoothie
- Healthy One Pan Egg and Turkey Skillet
Chicken Avocado Salad Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cooked and diced)
- 2 avocados diced
- 1 cucumber diced
- ½ red onion diced
- ¼ cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, avocado, cucumber, red onion, cilantro, and cherry tomatoes.
- In a separate bowl, combine lime juice, olive oil, garlic salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes until well combined.
- Pour dressing mixture over the chicken and vegetables and mix until well combined.
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!