A few weeks ago we had this delicious Wild Rice and Chicken salad at a baby shower. It was so delicious and hearty enough to be a main dish! Serve it with a soft buttery croissant! We know you will love this and it’s perfect for a busy weeknight! Our kids loved it too!
Wild Rice and Chicken Salad Recipe
- 4.2 ounces long grain and wild rice 1 package, (I used Rice a Roni brand)
- 2 cups chicken cooked and diced
- 1½ cups green grapes halved
- 1 cup sliced water chestnuts drained
- ¾ cup mayonnaise (can use reduced fat mayo)
- 1 cup cashews
- lettuce leaves
- Cook rice according to package directions. Drain any extra liquid and cool to room temperature. Spoon rice into a large bowl and add cooked diced chicken, grapes, water chestnuts, and mayonnaise. Toss gently. Cover and chill. Just before serving add the cashews. Serve on lettuce leaves. You could also line a bowl with lettuce leaves and fill with salad.
- Large Mixing Bowl
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
Check out the NEW Six Sisters’ Cookbook!
With over 150 recipes, we have put together 52 menu plans to make meal time a lot easier.
You can order our book HERE on Amazon!