This dip is a really good thing, and a really bad thing. Seriously, it tastes like a fiesta in your mouth. But it’s so good that it’s really, really hard to stop eating it.
It has just the right amount of kick, plus with chicken it makes it a little more hearty. It was the perfect appetizer for our super bowl party.
We also love making this for game nights with our friends and family, after school snacks, movie night, (we even had it for dinner a few weeks ago). It is so simple and a fan favorite for sure.
This recipe calls for two boneless, skinless chicken breasts, that are cooked and shredded. I love buying pre-cooked chicken (even pre-shredded chicken – and yes that is a thing now. You can ask for it at your deli).
However, sometimes I don’t always love cooking up my chicken and shredding it. Sometimes I make this recipe, and just purchase a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken.
It’s quick, inexpensive, delicious, and shreds like butter. It’ so easy and tastes amazing in this recipe.
If you do boil your chicken (or bake or grill it), you can use a blender to shred it, or a hand mixer. They both work great to shred chicken in just 3 seconds.
related recipe: If you are looking for another fun party dip, Be sure and try our SKINNY TACO DIP! so easy to make!
could i make this without the chicken?
This recipe is super yummy with the chicken, but it could also be made without.
You could also substitute the chicken with:
- shredded pork
- ground chicken
- ground beef
- ground turkey
- shredded steak
what else could i dip in this chicken nacho dip?
This dip is perfect for tortilla chips, but if you are looking to switch it up, here is what I recommend trying;
- Tortillas or Quesadillas (this is what we dipped our quesadillas in the other night, when we had this for dinner).
- Pita Chips
- Naan Bread
- Sweet Bell Peppers
- Veggies (celery, carrots, cucumbers).
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
looking for more dips and appetizers? here are a few of our favorites:
- 3 Ingredient Ranch Cottage Cheese Dip
- Skinny Bacon Ranch Dip
- Cheesy Refried Bean Dip
- Cheesy Mushroom Dip
- Orange Pineapple Fruit Dip
Chicken Nacho Dip Recipe
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes 1 can, drained
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese 1 package, cubed
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ½ package of taco seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons diced jalapenos (I used canned jalapenos)
- In a slow cooker, mix together all the ingredients, and let it cook on high for 1-2 hours, stirring every 20-30 minutes or so.
- Serve warm with your favorite tortilla chips.
- Slow Cooker