Easy cheesy potato wedges
Cheesy potato wedges are great as a side dish for dinner, or that last minute dish you could take to a potluck bbq. These amazing cheesy potato wedges can be ready in as little as 12 minutes. And they are delicious.
To make these Cheesy Potato Wedges, you probably already have the ingredients in your fridge and pantry.
Before you read the any further, you need to know – these wedges are made in the microwave. You may be hesitant to try baking potatoes in the microwave, but trust us. It works.
If you want to try making these in the oven, click here: BAKED POTATO WEDGES
They may not be as crispy as fried potato wedges. We think they are crispy enough, and they are a great-tasting side dish.
They are even tastier just because they literally take less than ten minutes to prepare from start to finish, and your whole house doesn’t smell like deep-fried french fries. It’s a win-win!
Baked/microwaved vs. deep fried
For this recipe, we are using a microwave. We love the microwaved version because they are a little healthier. Cheesy potato wedges are so simple to make and they are ready in about 10 minutes.
These have a crispy outside and fluffy soft potatoes on the inside when microwaved. If you were to deep fry them, they would be crispier. But the microwaved wedges are the perfect crispiness for a quick and healthier option.
Are potato wedges healthier than fries?
Cheesy potato wedges are healthier than fries because they are microwaved. You can easily bake these wedges too. By microwaving them, they are not deep fried in the unhealthy oil.
We also keep the skin on these cheesy potato wedges. The potato skin provides extra fiber and vitamins.
Keep in mind that when you microwave or oven bake potatoes you save yourself calories, fat intake, and salt. When deep frying food, you increase the trans fats that can raise your LDL (bad cholesterol levels) and increase heart disease.
Be sure to try our Baked Sweet Potato Wedges!
Potato wedge toppings
Just by adding a few toppings to your cheesy potato wedges, you can have a whole new taste. The options are endless on what you can add to these easy and scrumptious potato wedges.
Just by adding a few ingredients, you can turn cheesy potato wedges into spicy wedges, crispy wedges, smoky wedges, hot wedges, and loaded potato wedges. Here are some of our favorite toppings to kick things up a notch:
- sliced green onions
- shredded cheddar cheese (or any flavor of cheese)
- ranch dressing
- fresh herbs (for flavor and nutrients)
- hot sauce
- sour cream
- bbq sauce
How to make potato wedges in the microwave
- Scrub each potato until clean and slice each potato into 8 lengthwise wedges.
- In a gallon size resealable bag, add Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, and seasoning salt and shake to combine.
- Add the potato wedges to the bag and shake until they are evenly coated.
- Arrange the potatoes on a large microwave-safe plate and cook on high for 4 minutes.
- Rearrange the potatoes and turn them over and cook on high for another 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the melted butter and leftover Parmesan cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle over the cooked potato wedges and serve.
Related Recipe: Try our Air Fryer Potato Wedges HERE!
Items needed to make this recipe
- Potato/Vegetable Brush – The handiest little gadget you’ll ever own that will make your life easier.
- Gallon Size Zippered Bags – The perfect bag for freezing or mixing and marinating.
- Microwave Safe Plate – These are great to have on hand for microwaving on high for extended periods of time.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER
Here are some tasty baked FRIES recipes:
- Baked Carne Asada Fries
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Baked Seasoned Steak Fries
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Fries
- Baked Red Potato Wedges
Cheesy Potato Wedges Recipe
- 3 Russet Potatoes
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 Tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 Tablespoon butter melted
- Scrub potatoes clean, and cut into eight lengthwise wedges.
- Place Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, and seasoning salt in a gallon size resealable bag.
- Add potatoes to the bag and shake until they are evenly coated.
- Arrange potatoes on a microwave safe plate and cook for 4 minutes on high in the microwave.
- Rearrange the potatoes, and cook for another 4 minutes on high.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter and the leftover Parmesan mixture.
- Sprinkle over the potatoes and serve.
Have you seen out our YouTube channel?