I have always loved snickerdoodle cookies, but when you put a gooey caramel in the middle as a little surprise, you take it to a whole new level.
Every day when we would get home from school, our mom would have an after school snack ready for us. Some days it was fruit, or vegetables, or crackers, but some days, she would have warm cookies for us.
Those were always the best days. My favorites were Snickerdoodles, but I bet these would have been my favorite if we had known about them back them.
That little touch of soft melted caramel is so yummy and so easy to add.
Our cute friend Jamielyn from I Heart Naptime just released her cookbook, The I Heart Naptime Cookbook.
I am sure that you have seen all of Jamielyn?s amazing creations on Pinterest (such as her Infamous Jell-o Cookies!) and I am always blown away by her amazing creativity and talent.
This book is loaded with over 100 recipes that can be thrown together in less than an hour (like while your children nap) and they all look and taste amazing.
These cookies definitely didn’t disappoint! They were soft and chewy – the way a snickerdoodle should be, but that gooey caramel in the middle sent them over the top.
This book is absolutely beautiful and every recipe is family-friendly – this is definitely a book you want to add to your collection.
- Really any pre made and packaged caramel you find at the store would work for this recipe, but I prefer using Kraft caramels.
- They are the perfect shape, and they melt nicely in these bad boys.
- We have also made these cookies using Rolo candies and they were also delicious and super easy to press into the cookie dough.
DID YOU KNOW WE HAVE A YOUTUBE CHANNEL?
We created it, specifically with you in mind. We are all about making our recipes easy for you, so we decided to show you how to make each one.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family is going to love it, even the pickiest eaters.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you what to do at each part.
looking for more desserts? here are a few of our favorites:
- Disneyland S’mores Bake
- Samoas Popcorn
- Triple Peanut Butter Cookies
- Lemon Poppyseed Bars
- Dutch Apple Pie
Soft Caramel Snickerdoodles Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1¼ cup sugar divided
- ⅔ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 12 soft caramels quartered
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together the butter, 1 cup granulated sugar, and the brown sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until smooth. Cover the dough and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar and the cinnamon. Roll the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls. Make an impression in the top of each cookie with your thumb and place 2 caramel pieces in each cookie. Pinch the top closed and roll the dough into a ball around the caramel. Roll the cookies in the cinnamon-sugar mixture and place on the prepared baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are slightly crisp. You want the centers to still be soft. Let cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Recipe source: I Heart Naptime Cookbook
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!