We are always looking for new and delicious appetizers.
After making sme of our delicious homemade garlic spread earlier this week, I decided to put a little twist by adding some of the jalapeños from our garden, and of course a little extra cheese.
I think I ate this whole loaf by myself.
Then I had to make a second one for my husband to try, because I knew he would love it just as much as I did, if not more.
It is so easy to make, comes together in a matter of minutes, and is full of amazing flavor.
I love pairing this with my meals, especially on the chilly days that I make soup, or for parties and appetizers for my friends and family.
I love that you can make this bread as hot or mild as you like. It’s super easy and full of delicious flavor. I promise you are going to love this one.
how to make the bread more mild
I used to not be a jalapeño lover, because I hate when my mouth feels like it’s on fire. I do not love spicy food.
Then my husband, who lived in Mexico for two years forced me into eating my first jalapeño. It was fresh, and he removed all the seeds, and it wasn’t even spicy.
I was shocked. My whole life I had avoided them because I was so scared about the damage they would do to my lips and mouth, and all along I was clueless.
This recipe calls for fresh jalapeños, and that is exactly what I recommend. I do not recommend canned, or even cooked or sautéed jalaepnos, because those tend to bring out a little more spice.
However, if you use fresh jalapeños, remove the seeds, and only bake them for a short time, they are hardly spicy. I promise you will love this bread.
have you heard about our restaurant copycat cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
have a sweet tooth? We have just the cure. Watch how to make our favorite dessert, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We created it just for you. We wanted to show you how simple and delicious our recipes are.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. We answer all your questions, and help you get the recipe, perfect, each and every time you make it.
If you are looking for more simple and delicious recipes, head over to our channel and check them out.
We love baking, and one of our favorite things to bake is our, Mom’s Famous Marshmallow Brownies.
Watch how to make our Mom’s Famous Marshmallow Brownies, here:
looking for more appetizers and side dishes? here are a few of our favorite:
Cheesy Jalapeno Garlic Bread Recipe
- 1 loaf french bread
- 1½ cups salted butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 large jalapeno pepper (cut into slices)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine garlic, parmesan cheese, oregano, and basil until finely chopped.
- Add softened butter, salt and pepper to the food processor.
- Blend until mixed. You may need to scrap the sides and mix a little with a spoon.
- Evenly cut French bread length wise. place on foil or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Spread butter on both sides of bread.
- Place extra butter in airtight container and save in refrigerator.
- Evenly place Jalapeños across both halves of bread.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese evenly over both slices of bread, repeat with mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes, or until cheese begins to bubble and the edges of the bread turn golden brown. For a crispier top, broil on high for 3 minutes, watching closely not to burn the bread.