I could eat pizza for every meal of every day and possibly never get sick of it. I just LOVE it. It is the one meal our family eats without any complaints.
If you have ever been to California Pizza Kitchen, you know how delicious their BBQ Chicken Pizza is. This recipe rivals even their amazing pizza.
It is so full of flavor, and is so simple to make. My family was shocked that I made something that tasted better than the actual pizza place.
The sauce on this recipe is one of my favorites. It’s quick, simple, delicious, and pairs perfectly with this delicious BBQ Chicken Pizza.
What bbq sauce flavor works best with this pizza?
For this pizza, we like to stick to our basics. I usually go for a honey, brown sugar, or an original bbq sauce recipe.
My husband likes to get a little wild with his bbq sauces and use a spicy flavor, or one with a little more heat.
With our kids (and my weak tastebuds) we try to keep it simple and just use an original bbq sauce or something a little on the sweet side to be safe.
I have also found that I don’t love the hickory taste with this pizza, unless I am smoking it, and not baking it.
I love the taste of homemade dough, more than any other dough out there. However, I also love shortcuts and saving time.
With this recipe I will usually make the homemade dough because it is pretty simple and quick, but sometimes I will buy a pre-made crust or pizza crust dough.
I also love the cilantro on this pizza, but you could do without it if you don’t have it on hand, or don’t prefer the flavor.
Watch how to make another chicken favorite here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
This Easy Chicken Salad Sandwich is quick, simple, full of flavor and easy to make. The best part of the sandwich: grapes. Watch how simple and delicious it is, here:
Looking for more of our favorite chicken inspired meals? Check out these ones:
- Mushroom Asparagus Chicken Stir Fry
- Creamy Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Bundles
- Grilled 7 Up Chicken
- Cheddar Baked Chicken
Copycat California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup olive oil
For the Pizza
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and cubed
- 20 ounces barbecue sauce
- olive oil for drizzling
- salt to taste
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese sliced
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- Sprinkle yeast over warm water in a small bowl and let stand for 5 minutes
- In a mixer, combine flour and salt.
- Drizzle olive oil into the mixer and mix until combined.
- Pour in yeast/water mixture after it has proofed and mix until dough is formed.
- Coat a large mixing bowl with olive oil and form dough into a ball and place inside. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and set aside for 1-2 hours or in the fridge for 2+ hours.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Drizzle and spread olive oil over two baking sheets.
- Split dough in half and roll out onto each pan.
- Lightly brush a little olive oil onto each crust and sprinkle with salt.
- Spread 1/4 cup bbq sauce on each crust.
- Combine cooked chicken with remaining bbq sauce until chicken is coated in sauce.
- Top pizzas with mozzarella, chicken and sliced onion.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with cilantro.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- Baking Sheets
Check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!