We grew up making the classic rice krispies treats. They are simple and come together in no time at all. We loved eating them for after school treats.
We decided to jazz them up a little with peanut butter and Butterfinger candy bars. It’s the perfect combo for this delicious no bake dessert.
These delicious Butterfinger Rice Krispie Treats came about because of leftover Halloween candy one year. You can purchase snack size Butterfingers all year round.
After one bite of these Butterfinger Rice Krispies treats, there may be no going back! You’ll be hooked.
can you add other types of candy bars?
We loved the taste of these Rice Krispies Treats using Butterfinger candy bars pieces. The combination of chocolate, peanut butter, and Butterfingers blended so well together.
Here are some other candy bar pieces that would work in this recipe. You just have to keep in mind that some of the chocolate will melt slightly when you add it to the warm marshmallow/cereal mixture when it’s removed from the stove top.
- Snickers bars (cut into pieces)
- Reese’s Peanut butter cups (cut into pieces or mini)
- M & M’s
- Kit Kats (broken into pieces)
- 100 Grand (cut into pieces)
- Twix Bars (cut into pieces)
how to make Butterfinger Rice Krispie Treats
No fancy ingredients needed when making these delicious Butterfinger Rice Krispie treats. They come together so fast. You’ll love licking out the pan as you go!
Here are a few simple ingredients needed to make these treats.
- As you can see, no fancy ingredients needed to make Butterfinger Rice Krispie Treats.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Place cereal in a big mixing bowl.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter and peanut butter together over medium heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Pour the mixture over the cereal in the big bowl.
- Stir in the chopped Butterfinger pieces (reserving 1/2 cup to sprinkle over top of bars)
- Press into the prepared 9 x 13 inch pan and spread around evenly. Let cool.
- Heat the chocolate chips and oil in a glass bowl in the microwave until melted and smooth.
- Spoon over the cooled Rice Krispie Treats. Sprinkle remaining crumbled Butterfinger pieces over the top.
- Let them set up for about 20 minutes, then slice and serve.
items used in making butterfinger rice krispie treats
- 9 x 13 inch baking dish – a great glass dish for making desserts and cakes.
- Saucepan – A heavy duty saucepan that comes with a glass lid.
- Chopping Knife – This knife is great for chopping and has a smooth rocking motion.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert, and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
check out more of our favorite rice krispie recipes
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups Rice Krispies Treats
- Caramel Marshmallow Rice Krispie Balls
- Watermelon Rice Krispies Treats
- How to Make Rice Krispies Treats
- Cake Batter Rice Krispies Treats
Have you seen our YouTube channel?
Watch how easy it is to make these Homemade Butterfinger Bars.