We love cake batter. Some of our favorite treats are our Cake Batter Blondies, White Chocolate Cake Batter Fudge and Cake Batter Chex Mix! Now we’ve added Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats to the mix!
Serves: 20 people
Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
Everything you love about rice krispie treats with the deliciousness of cake batter!
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 oz) bag mini marshmallows
- ⅓ cup funfetti cake mix (you could also use yellow cake mix)
- 6 cups rice krispie cereal
- 1 (1.75 oz.) container sprinkles
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat and add marshmallows.
- Stir until they begin to melt, adding in (dry) cake mix one spoonful at a time so its combined.
- Stir in cereal so it is completely coated with marshmallow mixture. Add in half of the sprinkles and mix.
- Press into a baking dish (I used a 9x13", but you could do a smaller pan for thicker rice krispies) and top with remaining sprinkles.
- Let sit for about 30 minutes before cutting.
Calories: 107 kcal · Carbohydrates: 21 g · Protein: 1 g · Fat: 2 g · Saturated Fat: 1 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 5 mg · Sodium: 87 mg · Potassium: 18 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 11 g · Vitamin A: 611 IU · Vitamin C: 5 mg · Calcium: 4 mg · Iron: 3 mg
(Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven)