Everyone loves a delicious Rice Krispie treat! You are never too old to enjoy the crunchy cereal covered in gooey marshmallow goodness! Right??!! These cute watermelon slices are sure to be a hit with the kids. They are the perfect dessert for a party!
Watermelon Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
- 4 Tablespoons butter divided
- 5 cups miniature marshmallows
- few drops green food coloring
- few drops red food coloring
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal divided
- ⅛ cup chocolate chips
- Lightly grease a round 9 inch cake pan.
- Over medium heat melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in a large saucepan. Stir in 2 1/2 cups of miniature marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Add in a few drops of green food coloring and stir into the marshmallow mixture until well blended.
- Then stir in 3 cups of the Rice Krispies until all are coated.
- Put into the greased pan and mold around the outside edge to form the watermelon rind.
- Repeat the process again melting 2 Tablespoons of butter in a large pan. Stir in the other 2 1/2 cups of miniature marshmallows until melted.
- Add in the red food coloring until you get the desired color, and stir in well.
- Add the remaining 3 cups of Rice Krispies cereal.
- Spread around red cereal mixture in the center of green circle with greased fingers.
- Press chocolate chips all over in the red mixture to look like watermelon seeds.
- Let set up for about 15 minutes and then remove from pan.
- Cut into 8 slices and insert a popsicle stick into each slice.
- 9 inch cake pan
- Large Saucepan
- popsicle sticks