One of our favorite family traditions is making homemade ice cream every 4th of July. We have had every fruit flavor and candy bar “add ins” that you can imagine.
This year we did a double “add in” using oreo chunks and homemade brownie batter bites. It just might be our new all time favorite ice cream.
This ice cream has no eggs. The taste is amazing…rich and creamy. July is national ice cream month- be sure to whip up this fun ice cream.
If you have never attempted to make homemade ice cream before, this is definitely the recipe I would start with. It is so yummy and so simple.
related article – if you love this brownie batter oreo ice cream, you’ll love our old fashioned vanilla ice cream. So easy to make!
what other toppings or additions could i add to this ice cream?
- Kit Kat Candybars
- Snickers Candybars
- Take 5 Candybars
- Oreos (with Cookies and Cream ice cream)
- Milky Way Candybars
- Butterfinger Candybars
- Andes Mints (with Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream)
- Heath Bar
- Brownie bites
- Cookie dough bites
- Chocolate chip cookie chunks
- Fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, etc.)
- Reese’s Pieces
- Chocolate chips (milk, peanut butter, white, dark, mini)
- Nuts (peanuts, cashews, almonds, pecans, walnuts)
- Chocolate syrup
- Caramel syrup
- Marshmallow cream
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Whipped cream
- Fruit (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, bananas, etc.)
can i add the oreos and brownie bites while the ice cream churns?
We recommend waiting to add the chunks of Oreo and Brownies, until after the ice cream is done churning, if you like chunks.
Our ice cream maker always mixes them into the ice cream, making it more of a gray color, with very few chunks.
It will taste delicious either way, but I personally love a little crunch and chewy brownie bites in my ice cream.
watch how to make another frozen favorite, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
These Disney Pineapple Dole Whips are what heaven taste like, I’d imagine. They are so creamy and full of pineapple flavor. Watch how simple and delicious they are to make, here:
looking for more frozen desserts? Here are a few of our favorite:
- Frozen Chocolate and Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- Frozen Creamy Lime Jello
- Skinny Frozen Strawberry Bites
- Frozen Raspberry Pie
- Frozen Lemon Fluff Dessert
Brownie Batter Oreo Ice Cream Recipe
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 (15.3 ounce) package double stuff Oreo cookies
Brownie Batter Bites:
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1¾ cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup flour
- Prepare the brownie bites first so they can set up in the freezer. For the brownie bites mix together the butter and powdered sugar in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add cocoa, milk, vanilla, and salt and mix together well.
- Add flour and stir until it comes together like a cookie dough consistency.
- Roll the brownie batter into little balls about the size of a small marble.
- Set on a cookie sheet or in some type of container. Place in the freezer until the ice cream is done.
- To make the ice cream, stir milk, whipping cream, sugar and vanilla together until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into your ice cream maker and turn on according to your machine directions.
- While ice cream is mixing, break up each oreo into about 6 pieces. Set aside until ice cream is done.
- When ice cream is done mixing in your ice cream maker, stir in the oreo chunks and frozen brownie bites. Stir the chunks in gently into the soft ice cream. You can eat it soft or freeze it until it sets up! This is the chunkiest and best ice cream!
- You can easily just add the oreos or the brownie bites. Doesn't have to be both, but we love our ice cream loaded with chunks!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!