There is a tasty bakery and cafe in Utah, called Kneaders. Kneaders has some of the best bread and pastries I have ever tried! They make some AMAZING french toast with their Chunky Cinnamon Bread and it is literally heaven! They serve it with fresh cream, strawberries and their caramel syrup. It is so delicious! My husband is obsessed with it, so for Father’s Day this year, I thought I would make his favorite french toast at home. It was a hit!
Homemade Kneaders Chunky Cinnamon French Toast & Caramel Syrup Recipe
- 1 loaf Kneaders Chunky Cinnamon Bread cut into 8 slices (if you don't live near Kneaders, any type of thick-cut cinnamon swirl bread will work)
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup corn syrup
- Preheat an electric griddle to 375 degrees F.
- In a shallow baking dish, mix eggs, milk, brown sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Melt butter evenly across your griddle.
- Dip each slice of bread into egg mixture and coat completely on each side.
- Place coated bread on hot griddle and turn until lightly browned on each side.
- Optional: serve with whipped cream and strawberries on top.
- In a medium saucepan, combine all syrup ingredients over medium heat. Whisk together until smooth and sugar has completely dissolved. Serve warm over french toast.