This Skinny Pumpkin Soup is just what you need to stay cozy inside when the weather starts to cool and you’re wanting to put on a sweater. It’s delicious and low in calories – the perfect duo.
When fall comes and people start talking about pumpkin, dessert recipes often top the list. While we’re certainly not against a good Pumpkin Dump Cake or some Cranberry Pumpkin Bread, sometimes you need low calorie option to fill your pumpkin craving.
This Skinny Pumpkin Soup is easy to make and will please all of the pumpkin fans in your household. Start by melting your butter in a large pan, over medium heat. Add your onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the onions are tender and the garlic smell is filling your kitchen.
Add the red pepper and let it cook for another minute before adding the broth. Bring it all up to a boil. Then, stir in the potatoes and corn. Reduce the heat and let simmer for about 30 minutes.
The last step is to add the milk and pumpkin puree and cook until heated through. Serve warm!
Do you have allergies? You can change things around to make it allergy friendly.
Is this recipe Gluten free? Yes! Plus, if you need to make it dairy free, you can substitute the butter for olive oil and the skim milk for rice milk or almond milk.
Change up your pumpkin soup!
Sometimes I like trying different ways to make this recipe. Consider mixing and matching with some of the following:
- Garlic – a classic, go-to flavor
- Ginger – a little bit spicy, but with a hint of sweet
- Maple Syrup – just drizzle a bit on top for a sweet pork
- Cinnamon – a warm flavor that pairs well with pumpkin
- Brown Sugar – just a little sprinkle to elevate the sweetness
- Cumin – nutty, warm taste that adds some spice
- Coriander – pairs well with cumin or cinnamon
Like our Skinny Pumpkin Soup?
Here are some other recipes you might like.
Slow Cooker Healthy Chicken Fajita Soup
Garden Vegetable Soup
Skinny Zuppa Toscana
Or Check out our post with 21 Healthy Soups, Stews, and Chili
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Skinny Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ red bell pepper chopped
- 4 cups fat-free chicken broth Or can use vegetable broth
- 1½ cups skim milk
- 1 can pumpkin puree (15 ounce)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 red potatoes diced
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, cook about 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Next add your red pepper and cook about minute. Then add broth and bring to a boil.
- Stir in potatoes and corn and reduce heat. Simmer for about 30 minutes.
- After it has simmered, mix in the milk and pumpkin and cook until heated through.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!