You might be wondering why putting the bacon into your burger is such a big deal, but we can promise you once you taste the delicious bacon infused burger you won’t go back to any regular hamburger anytime soon.
We’ve cooked and crumbled a few strips of bacon and threw them into our meat mixture. If you’re looking for even more of a bacon flavor, top your burger with a few extra cooked pieces. Can you really have too much bacon? We definitely don’t think so.
Related recipe: Best Hamburger Recipe (with our SECRET sauce!)
How to Cook Bacon in the Oven
I was skeptical when our sister Elyse told us she cooked her bacon in the oven. But after trying her crumbly delicious bacon I couldn’t wait to try her method!
This is the perfect way to cook bacon when you need to add it to other recipes.
You can throw on as many slices as you need and you don’t have to worry about that bacon grease splattering everywhere.
Here’s how it’s done:
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Then place 2 wire racks on the foil. We used baking cooling racks.
- Arrange the bacon slices on the racks.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes, or until crispy.
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3. Perfect crunchy bacon every single time.
We threw on a few extra slices for this recipe so we can add some on top of our burger at the end.
Looking for more amazing burgers?! Try our Bacon Infused Burgers!
BBQ Bacon Burger Sauce
If you’re from Utah or know anyone from Utah, there’s a very good chance you’ve heard of “fry sauce.”
Fry sauce is the delicious combination of ketchup, mayonnaise, some spices, and oftentimes a little bbq sauce.
We knew adding some fry sauce to this burger would take it over the top with flavor. But adding it on top was not enough, so once again, we put it IN the patty.
We mixed our BBQ sauce with a little mayonnaise. It’s not exactly a low calorie burger, but if you’re looking to save a little, you could definitely use light mayonnaise in this sauce and it would still taste delicious.
What to Serve with BBQ Bacon Hamburgers
Just like any burger, this one goes great with fries. Here are a few of our favorite homemade french and sweet potato fry recipes:
BBQ Bacon Burgers Recipe
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 4 bacon strips cooked and crumbled
- 1½ teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1½ teaspoons steak seasoning (I used McCormick Montreal seasoning)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices Monterey jack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 tomato sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
- ½ cup sliced dill pickles
- 1 onion sliced
- Mix together mayonnaise and barbecue sauce in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the crumbled bacon, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise mixture, onion and steak seasoning; add the ground beef and mix well (it worked best when I just used my hands to incorporate all the seasonings). Shape into four patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until done.
- Place a slice of cheese on top. Cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Spread remaining mayonnaise mixture over buns.
- small bowl
- Large Mixing Bowl
Recipe slightly adapted from Taste of Home
Related Recipe: Try our BBQ Turkey Burgers
Have you heard about our newest cookbook,Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?