Growing up we loved making peanut butter and banana sandwiches. These muffins take peanut butter and bananas to a whole new level! Then top them off with a delicious glaze! They are perfect for breakfast or an after school snack for the kids! You are going to love these muffins!
Banana and Peanut Butter Chip Mini Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ Tablespoon powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 Tablespoons canola oil
- 3 Tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 ripe bananas mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1⅓ cup Reese's peanut butter chips
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, powdered sugar, salt, and baking soda. Then add in the canola oil and mix until well blended. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar. Then add the egg and mix in well.
- Stir in the lemon juice and mashed bananas. then add in the dry flour mixture that you have in the other bowl. Then fold in the peanut butter chips.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and spray mini muffin tins with non stick cooking spray.
- Fill muffin tins about 3/4 full and cook for 12 minutes or until just starting to turn golden.
- While they are cooking make the glaze by mixing the melted butter, milk, vanilla and powdered sugar. Remove the muffins from the muffin tin as soon as they are done cooking. Then put a little bit of frosting over each hot muffin and let the glaze run down the sides.
- These are so delicious served warm! (also delicious at room temp!)