This recipe is definitely one to use if you are trying to impress guests. It tastes amazing and it’s definitely easy to make. And you probably already have most the ingredients. The best part is, it is healthy.
This is a great recipe to sneak vegetables in, to your kids diets. They will never see the hint of spinach coming, because they won’t be able to taste it.
I love this cheese smothered chicken, and the amazing barbecue flavor it has. It is such a light dish, that is surprisingly very filling. My husband usually reaches for seconds at dinner, but he was too full with this one.
If you are looking for a simple, healthy, and delicious meal, this is definitely one you need to make. You are not going to regret it.
could I grill this recipe?
This is a recipe you could easily throw on the grill.
We do however, recommend sautéing the mushrooms, green onions, and spinach over the stove, then bringing them out, and placing them on the chicken, when the chicken is almost completely cooked through.
Once the chicken is on it’s last flip, add the ingredients, as described in the instructions, place the provolone cheese on it, to see them all in, and let it grill on low for about 3 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted.
Be sure that your chicken isn’t going to be overcooked. Be sure you have about 5 minutes left, of the grilling process, when adding your mushrooms, green onions, spinach and provolone cheese.
what could i use instead of barbecue sauce?
Barbecue sauce does have quite a bit of sugar in it, depending on what barbecue sauce you go for.
If you are looking for an alternative sauce, we recommend teriyaki sauce or honey mustard. They both go perfectly with this recipe, and all the flavor is still there, and delicious.
To make my honey mustard, I like to use organic pure honey, and mustard. I usually do equal parts, stir in a bowl, and rub over my chicken breasts.
have you heard about our restaurant copycat cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
have a sweet tooth? We have just the cure. Watch how to make our favorite dessert, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We created it just for you. We wanted to show you how simple and delicious our recipes are.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. We answer all your questions, and help you get the recipe, perfect, each and every time you make it.
If you are looking for more simple and delicious recipes, head over to our channel and check them out.
We love baking, and one of our favorite things to bake is our, Mom’s Famous Marshmallow Brownies.
Watch how to make our Mom’s Famous Marshmallow Brownies, here:
looking for more chicken inspired dinner ideas? here are a few of our favorite:
Barbecue Mushroom Spinach Chicken Recipe
- 5 chicken breasts
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 5 slices Provolone cheese
- 1 bundle green onions
- 5 Tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 Tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cover pan with foil (for easy clean up)
- Smother barbecue sauce on thawed chicken breasts
- Place on covered baking sheet and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic salt
- Place smothered and seasoned chicken into the oven and cook for 16 minutes
- While the chicken cooks, start cooking the ingredients, listed below.
- Heat stove to medium-high heat
- Cut mushrooms into your preferable size (they do shrink so i cut them into inch-long pieces)
- Chop green onions and place in the pan with the mushrooms
- Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the ingredients and saute until brown and soft
- Heat stove top to medium hot temperature
- Place spinach in the pan a cupful at a time (It shrinks as it cooks, but if you put it all in at once, it will fall out of the pan as you saute it)
- Pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the spinach and sauté.
- Sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese over the spinach and melt it along with the spinach, Mushrooms and Green Onions
- After 16 minutes, take the chicken out from the oven
- Put mushroom and onion mixture on top, cooked spinach, and a slice of provolone cheese
- Place back into oven and continue cooking for 10 more minutes
- If you are looking for an alternative sauce, we recommend teriyaki sauce or honey mustard. They both go perfectly with this recipe, and all the flavor is still there, and delicious.
- Aluminum Foil
- Baking Sheet